Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Workflow Access to terminate a instance

Level 2

Hi All,

I want access to terminate a workflow instance. 

As per my understanding if i am part of workflow-user group i can initiate the workflow also terminate the one i had initiated. Similarly if i am member of workflow-administrator i can see all user workflows and have all rights on these workflows including terminating.

But by requirement i dont want my user to be assigned to workflow-administrator since it will give him access to view all workflows including termination.I need only termination access for users when the workflow is initiated by a author and assigned to this user for specific approval.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Try to use a system user for terminating the workflow and assign required groups to that system user. While initiating the termination check the permissions of the initiated user and if he can terminate the workflow then proceed otherwise show an error.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Try to use a system user for terminating the workflow and assign required groups to that system user. While initiating the termination check the permissions of the initiated user and if he can terminate the workflow then proceed otherwise show an error.