Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Central Login page on AEM for external Web Applications

Level 2

AEM can connect to SAP CDC via Community Identity and authenticate, authorize users who are accessing AEM pages. Using UI builder in Community we can build the login page and  inject it to AEM via screen set JavaScript plugins. 

AEM can connect to SAP CDC and authenticate/authorize but can the login page hosted on AEM,   shared to multiple external web applications for login ? 

What are the performance and security implications by doing so ? 

Is there a recommended way for central login using AEM and is it feasible to have central login page in AEM.  

NOTE: Central Login Page Definition: It is a login page build on AEM and expose to other external web applications. This page should handle the authentication of the users connecting to SAP CDC SSO. When the request comes to the login page from an different web application, after successful authentication user should be redirected to origin web application with a active login session. 

https://help.sap.com/viewer/8b8d6fffe113457094a17701f63e3d6a/GIGYA/en-US/414261c870b21014bbc5a10ce40...

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

AEM is not an identity management system (IDM), and therefor I would not recommend to use AEM for such usecases. From an architectural point of view it's definitely possible to maintain the content for these login pages in an AEM instance, but then the IDM should fetch that data from AEM.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

AEM is not an identity management system (IDM), and therefor I would not recommend to use AEM for such usecases. From an architectural point of view it's definitely possible to maintain the content for these login pages in an AEM instance, but then the IDM should fetch that data from AEM.