Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

WKND OOTB Project Dispatcher Deployment independently & along with Author & Publish Deployment

Level 5

Hi Team,

Currently we are using EC2 Servers with  AEM 6.5.17 (on-premises)  .We use below command only able to deploying he AEM project not dispatcher module along with AEM Build Package  .

Please let us know how to deploy dispatcher changes independently & Deploy Dispatcher changes also along with author& publish as part full deployment to target aem environment 

mvn clean install -PautoInstallSinglePackage -Pclassic

Reference :

https://github.com/adobe/aem-guides-wknd

Regards

Vara

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@varaande You may want to create a new custom build profile if you want to deploy just the dispatcher configurations.

You can check out this article to see how build profiles work and it will give you some idea on how to create a custom build profile.

https://www.bounteous.com/insights/2018/04/18/how-build-aem-projects-maven

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@varaande You may want to create a new custom build profile if you want to deploy just the dispatcher configurations.

You can check out this article to see how build profiles work and it will give you some idea on how to create a custom build profile.

https://www.bounteous.com/insights/2018/04/18/how-build-aem-projects-maven

Community Advisor

@varaande,

I doubt if that is possible at all in the AEM on-premise setup with maven build profiles created OOTB using ArcheType. 

The maven build and deploy profiles available OOTB with ArcheType have required plugins and configurations to the target AEM (Author and Publish) servers but not the dispatcher.

While building the project, the maven build does create a package of dispatcher configurations but I don't think maven build can deploy the changes as well to the dispatcher.

As of I know, in most of the on-prem setups, to deploy the dispatcher changes

• Either you write a custom shell/bash script to deploy the dispatcher configuration package
  • Or deploy them manually to dispatcher server(s).
  • Or use Jenkins build to deploy the dispatcher configurations package to dispatcher servers.

Thanks,

Sudheer.

Community Advisor

As mentioned by others too, on-prem dispatcher config files will need to be deployed via Jenkins or any other release automation tool.

The problem here is with getting a dedicated OS user on the dispatcher servers with sufficient access to

1. allow deployments,

2. restart Dispatcher when config changes are deployed,

3. create a folder structure for dispatcher setup, when necessary, and,

4. Access to logs when debugging.

Most likely the Middleware engineering team that provisions the servers, should be able to provide such a user on dispatcher servers.

Hope that helps!

regards,

Preetpal

Administrator

@varaande Do you find the suggestions from users useful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. 

Kautuk Sahni