Expand my Community achievements bar.

Why WKND site page "start targeting" button is disabled

Level 4

I can see the contexthub in preview. However, when I go to targeting mode, the "Start targeting" button is disable?

The contexthub is in the page custom header sling code and all the context hub default setting seems fine. See images below. "Start Targeting" is disabled. I am using the release 2.1.2, main branch.

253953db-c6b2-480b-8fa0-a45fe359ac82.png

10 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @DavidZhang ,

I think you have not added configuration for the brand/activity, which I see blank in the dropdown in your screenshot. Once you configured it and the brand/activity is created/selected you will see the button enabled.

temp.png

Please follow this link for more details

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/authoring/personalization/content-targ... 

Regards,

Nitesh

Level 4

I added the brand and activity. the "Starting Targeting" button is working now. However, still, for component, I didn't see the target button.Screenshot 2023-01-06 002817.png

Employee Advisor

Which version of AEM are you using, I tested on 6.5.15 with the WKND sample (link below) and I am able to see that.

Also, are you seeing this behavior for one component or all of them?

https://github.com/adobe/aem-guides-wknd/releases/download/aem-guides-wknd-2.1.2/aem-guides-wknd.all... 

Regards,

Nitesh

Level 4

No matter Adobe Cloud v2022.10.9398.20221020T071514Z or 6.5.14, the WKND doesn't work for me.

At the same time, the we-retail is working fine on the same 6.5.14.

Also, I read and follow the document again and again, really cannot find where to start troubleshoot.

Employee Advisor

Can you try the version of the AEM and WKND package I specified in my comment before? I tested with a fresh instance and it seems to have worked.

Level 4

Hmm, seems AEM classic, from 6.5.8 to 6.5.15, WKND classic 2.1.2 works, at least the target button for each component showed up.

For the cloud version 2022.10.9398.20221020T071514Z with WKND 2.1.2(not the classic version), the target button for each component doesn't work.

Employee Advisor

Glad to hear it worked with AEM6.5.

For the cloud Try the latest version of AEM SDK for AEM v2022.11.9850.20221116T162329Z-220900, with the latest WKND package. and if you still face issues you can open a support ticket. 

Regards,

Nitesh

Level 4

WKND has no problem. Just one experience fragment can be targeted. How can I know why other components cannot be targeted.

For example: on:

http://localhost:4502/content/wknd/language-masters/en/magazine/arctic-surfing.html

Only 

/content/experience-fragments/wknd/language-masters/en/contributors/jacob-wester/master

can be targeted.

Community Advisor

Hi David,

To enable 'Start Targeting' we need to select a Brand/Activity.

To enable targeting icon on components please check if  cq:disableTargeting is set to false.