Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Why don't renditions (sub-assets) appear in the mounted drive

Level 2

Hi, trying to figure out why when I upload renditions to assets on the author site they are not appearing in the mounted drive (WebDAV).  The companion app was not working properly so I downloaded WebDAV to act as my mounted drive and I don't see any of the renditions inside the folders.  Is there a reason why the renditions do not appear?  I see them on the publish (asset share) site but not within the mounted drive.  Thanks, Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Internally aem stores all the renditions inside the asset names.Examples [A].   When you map in drive you can;t have filename and foldername same. It is operating system limit. Hence only original (/content/dam/geometrixx/portraits/scott_reynolds.jpg) is shown in webdav clients. 

[A]

/content/dam/geometrixx/portraits/scott_reynolds.jpg

/content/dam/geometrixx/portraits/scott_reynolds.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.140.100.png

/content/dam/geometrixx/portraits/scott_reynolds.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.319.319.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Internally aem stores all the renditions inside the asset names.Examples [A].   When you map in drive you can;t have filename and foldername same. It is operating system limit. Hence only original (/content/dam/geometrixx/portraits/scott_reynolds.jpg) is shown in webdav clients. 

[A]

/content/dam/geometrixx/portraits/scott_reynolds.jpg

/content/dam/geometrixx/portraits/scott_reynolds.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.140.100.png

/content/dam/geometrixx/portraits/scott_reynolds.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.319.319.png