Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

While starting up AEM instance Getting 503 ERROR

Level 3

HTTP ERROR: 503

Problem accessing /. Reason:

AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

rajs73651622 This is a very generic message and definitely not enough to point out the problem. However, this may signify some sort of repository inconsistency.

I would suggest you to check for SegmentNotFound errors in the error.log file and in case you find those you can refer to [1] in order to resolve the segment store inconsistencies.

[1] Fix Inconsistencies in the repository when SegmentNotFound Issue is reported in AEM 6.x

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

rajs73651622 This is a very generic message and definitely not enough to point out the problem. However, this may signify some sort of repository inconsistency.

I would suggest you to check for SegmentNotFound errors in the error.log file and in case you find those you can refer to [1] in order to resolve the segment store inconsistencies.

[1] Fix Inconsistencies in the repository when SegmentNotFound Issue is reported in AEM 6.x

Level 1

It may also occur, if you are running AEM instance with a user other than expected user. For example, instance should start using aemuser but u are starting it with root user.

Level 2

Hi everyone.
This worked for me:

remove files:
/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore/repo.lock
/crx-quickstart/launchpad/felix/cache.lock

remove folder:
/crx-quickstart/repository/index/launchpad/config/org/apache/sling/jcr/repoinit

I hope this helps
Cheers

Community Advisor

Hi, I am not able to delete the repo.lock file as suggested -

Rohan_Garg_0-1678354286898.png

Level 4

this works but the folder path is incorrect for repoinit

correct path : /crx-quickstart/launchpad/config/org/apache/sling/jcr/repoinit

Level 2

This worked for me

delete folders:
/author/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore/repo.lock
/author/crx-quickstart/launchpad/felix/cache.lock
/crx-quickstart/repository/index
/launchpad/config/org/apache/sling/jcr/repoinit

I guess the paths could be slightly different depending on versions or whatever, but the goal are the endpoints on paths