Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Where is the SCORM endpoint defined?

Level 2

We are having issues launching SCORM resources.  When we click the play icon over the content to start it, nothing happens because of a java script error that says "Unable to get property 'scormendpoint' of undefined or null reference".  When and where is the 'scormendpoint' supposed to be set?

I reviewed the steps for setting up and enabling SCORM in AEM and I did not find a 'scorm endpoint' mentioned.  And in all my experience with SCORM, the import package of the content never needs an endpoint defined in its imsmanifest.xml because the content will be told any endpoints it needs by the scorm player.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

When you upload a SCORM resource, 'DAM Update Scorm Asset' kicks into extract the metadata from it and set properties like scormendpoint. So either the scorm resource archive isn't or right format or structure or the workflow never ran.

You should try reupload another scorm resource and look at the logs to understand what's happening in the background to get more clarity.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 10

Please post the doc topic you are following. I am unclear what exactly you are trying to accomplish.

Level 2

When I referred to reviewing the steps for setting up SCORM in AEM, yes that doc topic and Configuring Enablement Features.

As for what am I trying to accomplish, I'm trying to learn when and where is a "scormendpoint" supposed to be defined, and what should it look like.  Our instance of AEM isn't launching the scorm resources because it cannot find a "scormendpoint" property at the time of launching the content.

Level 10

Are you experiencing differences between what is documented and what you see in the software. I mean are procedures not accurate or there are missing steps or the docs not accurate?

If so - we will get the Eng team here and log a bug.

Level 2

I'm not having an issue with the documentation.

I'm having an issue in the runtime environment because the system can't find a "scormendpoint" property it expects to be there.

I'm trying to see if anyone else has encountered this issue and can help me resolve it, otherwise I will submit a Day Care ticket.

If you feel this is an issue that I should go directly to Day Care for, I will enter a ticket now.

Level 10

If there is a Solid JS framework that provides this functionality, then i would look at using that. This is not a common use case - so that is why you will not find any community articles on how to do this with AEM.

Level 2

Okay, I will work with Day Care on this issue.

Thanks for your input.

Correct answer by
Employee

When you upload a SCORM resource, 'DAM Update Scorm Asset' kicks into extract the metadata from it and set properties like scormendpoint. So either the scorm resource archive isn't or right format or structure or the workflow never ran.

You should try reupload another scorm resource and look at the logs to understand what's happening in the background to get more clarity.

Level 1

Whenever you create a scorm enablement resource a listener consumes the event and scorm engine reads the imsmanifest file and other properties of scorm resource to create courseId and launch url for the same. Here scormendpoint refers to launch url. You can find the property as below sample resource path:

Sample

Path : /content/sites/{sitename}/resources/{language}/{resourceId}/se_assets/se_primary

Property: scormendpoint = /content/communities/scorm/defaultui/launch.jsp?registration=CourseId|774975667!userName|$(userId)!tenantId|on-prem-tenant!siteId|enable-0uahk&configuration=resourceId|resource_1523938413906!assetId|enable-0uahk/resource-assets/IP_2015_splitnorm_v4p0.zip

Please try to restart com.adobe.cq.social.cq-social-scorm-impl bundle on author then check once again. Also try to check logs for package filter com.adobe.cq.social.scorm

Level 2

The error logs showed that the system is unable to read the imsmanifest.xml.  So I am working that angle.

Thanks for your input.