Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

What's the best format for images and videos in AEM?

Level 1

Hello - I'm finding whenever I upload any imagery or video to AEM (for example, landing page lead banners), they become quite pixilated and it seems AEM is adding a level of compression rather than allowing me to upload rich content. Is there a workaround, or any best-practice guidance? The files themselves aren't very big.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

If you upload the image and doesn't resize it in AEM should have the same quality. Did you have some urls (just to know if you are using servlet renditions, not need a public url) or screenshots? 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

Hello @DanBrett 

Are you cropping the image or using some rendition servlet (like acs commons rentidion servlet) ? The usual behavior of AEM OOTB is send the original rendition as-is

Level 1

Hi @Daniel-GP  - we're resizing and compressing images in Photoshop and exporting as PNG/JPG files before uploading to AEM. We've tried uploading originals but finding that either a) the images are too large to load uncompressed, or b) have significantly reduced quality if compressed. 

Correct answer by
Level 2

If you upload the image and doesn't resize it in AEM should have the same quality. Did you have some urls (just to know if you are using servlet renditions, not need a public url) or screenshots? 

Level 4

Hey,

There is an step in dam update asset called EPS thumbnail, if you configure this step in the web enabled step there is a way to configure the quality, try that might help. In the quality field you can put some value ex.75 if you want quality of 75 %

Its good that you create a new workflow for generating rendition using that step only, instead of changing the default workflow. Please download your existing image from dam and check their pixels, if they are of good quality.

1.PNG2.PNG