Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

What piece of code is executed when the aem dialog is submitted?

Level 4

Whenever we submit or cancel a dialog for any particular component what piece of code exactly works there. Any sources from where I can get a complete understanding about this.

According to my understanding it comes  from "/libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/clientlibs/dialog/js".

Is it correct? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Manasi29 

I believe this is the JSP responsible to process further 

/libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/dialog.jsp

However, I couldn't found any documentation which explains the flow, but you can try understanding by debugging using developer tool. 

Regards,
Santosh

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Manasi29 

I believe this is the JSP responsible to process further 

/libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/dialog.jsp

However, I couldn't found any documentation which explains the flow, but you can try understanding by debugging using developer tool. 

Regards,
Santosh

Community Advisor

Hi @Manasi29 -

When you submit a dialog, the properties entered into the dialog will be saved to that particular component using a POST call to the specific component path on the page. You can observe this in the Network tab of your browser Dev tools.

Dialog-Submit.png

Additionally, all clientlibs that have been marked with the category 'cq.authoring.dialog' and the custom clientlibs included as 'extraClientLibs' on your dialog get executed.