Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

What Permission needed for Drag and Drop functionality

Level 2

I assigned "DAM User" group to user in order to upload files.  They can do through Create >> File browsing, but the Drag & Drop files doesn't work anymore.  It is working on Stage but not on Production.  I compared the permissions between Stage and Production and they are exactly the same, but drag and drop doesn't work on Production.  What do I do wrong?

I am using AEM 6.5.13

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies

Level 4

This works as expected on the production instance too, I just tried.Can you create a new user and assign Dam user and try again on prod , should work fine.

Level 2

Thanks for your response.  I did that, but still drag and drop does not work.  The problem is that in Permission section, it is not clear what each of those permission groups are meant for.  I need a cheatsheet from Adobe to indicate which ones is controlling the drag and drop functionality.  The paths such as: /apps ; /conf ; /content ; /etc ; /home ; /libs ; /mnt ; /system ; /tmp ; var   

I am not sure which one of those controls the drag and drop functionality.

Level 2

Does anyone knows what each of the Access Control Entries (ACEs) mean and what they are good for?