Expand my Community achievements bar.

What Permission needed for Drag and Drop functionality

Level 2

I assigned "DAM User" group to user in order to upload files.  They can do through Create >> File browsing, but the Drag & Drop files doesn't work anymore.  It is working on Stage but not on Production.  I compared the permissions between Stage and Production and they are exactly the same, but drag and drop doesn't work on Production.  What do I do wrong?

I am using AEM 6.5.13

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies

Level 4

This works as expected on the production instance too, I just tried.Can you create a new user and assign Dam user and try again on prod , should work fine.

Level 2

Thanks for your response.  I did that, but still drag and drop does not work.  The problem is that in Permission section, it is not clear what each of those permission groups are meant for.  I need a cheatsheet from Adobe to indicate which ones is controlling the drag and drop functionality.  The paths such as: /apps ; /conf ; /content ; /etc ; /home ; /libs ; /mnt ; /system ; /tmp ; var   

I am not sure which one of those controls the drag and drop functionality.

Level 2

Does anyone knows what each of the Access Control Entries (ACEs) mean and what they are good for?