Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

what other things can I do with OSGI in the context of AEM?

Level 8

presently, I've only used OSGI (where I've used the import Java directive to include various OSGI libraries in my custom code)

• store custom app config
  • get environment info (whether it's test,prod or author, publisher and etc)

-------

In our custom code base, we have a folder called "core" and inside it is a pom.xml that imports several OSGI jars.

Is it likely that the whole "core" folder is an OSGI bundle? (I know the core folder shows in /system/console/bundles) all the java code inside is a "component"?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

1. If we talk about "core" , actually it represents application ,where application composed of several components, which are packed in bundle. 

Our project specific complex business logics are part of this bundle.

2.  We could see out of the box OSGi configurations and these are playing crucial role in terms of maintainability, establishing connection with DB, LDAP, SAML (just imagine you can update property file during runtime)

3. An increasing number of open source projects, provide their jars are ready for OSGi. This helps in re-usage of available technologies and functionalities. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

1. If we talk about "core" , actually it represents application ,where application composed of several components, which are packed in bundle. 

Our project specific complex business logics are part of this bundle.

2.  We could see out of the box OSGi configurations and these are playing crucial role in terms of maintainability, establishing connection with DB, LDAP, SAML (just imagine you can update property file during runtime)

3. An increasing number of open source projects, provide their jars are ready for OSGi. This helps in re-usage of available technologies and functionalities.