Expand my Community achievements bar.

What is a headless CMS? | AEM Community Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

What is a headless CMS? by Dominik Angerer

Abstract

his article will cover the basics of what a headless CMS actually is. You will learn about the main differences between a headless CMS (eg. Storyblok, Contentful, Prismic, …) — and more traditional CMS like Adobe Experience Manager, Wordpress, and Sitecore. A headless CMS is a back-end only content management system (CMS) built from the ground up as a content repository that makes content accessible via a RESTful API for display on any device. The term “headless” comes from the concept of chopping the “head” (the front end, i.e. the website) off the “body” (the back end, i.e. the content repository). A headless CMS remains with an interface to add content and a RESTful API (JSON, XML) to deliver content wherever you need it. Due to this approach, a headless CMS does not care about how and where your content gets displayed. A headless CMS has only one focus: storing and delivering structured content. The counterpart of a headless CMS is often called monolithic, regular or coupled CMS and we’re going to use those terms later on.

Read Full Blog

What is a headless CMS?

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies