Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What are the ways for AEM Site Analysis having multiple brands for getting component details.

Level 3

I have a project with multiple brands. I need to do project analysis to get below component details for all the available components. 
1. Component Name

2. Component Version

3. Is it a global component or brand specific

4. Particular Brand in which the component is being used if it is brand specific

Also few more details like component reuse frequency.

What are the different ways to achieve this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Manasi29 ,

To obtain all the necessary details about AEM components, you have a couple of options:

You can find comprehensive details about all components by visiting the following URL in your local AEM instance: http://localhost:4502/libs/wcm/core/content/sites/components.html.This page provides a centralized view of all components available in your AEM installation.

OR

By creating a custom servlet in your AEM project, you can utilize the `componentManager.getAllComponentNames()` method to retrieve details about all components programmatically. This allows you to access the component information and perform any necessary operations or customizations.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

@Manasi29 Does your components has properties for version and global/brand? 

I am assuming your different brands have different root path in jcr. You can always query for component using sling:resourceType in the particular root path if its brand specific to figure out how many times it has been used.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Manasi29 ,

To obtain all the necessary details about AEM components, you have a couple of options:

You can find comprehensive details about all components by visiting the following URL in your local AEM instance: http://localhost:4502/libs/wcm/core/content/sites/components.html.This page provides a centralized view of all components available in your AEM installation.

OR

By creating a custom servlet in your AEM project, you can utilize the `componentManager.getAllComponentNames()` method to retrieve details about all components programmatically. This allows you to access the component information and perform any necessary operations or customizations.