Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What are the advantages of using Sling Pipes over other way to modifying content?

Level 2

What are the advantages of using Sling Pipes over other way to modifying content?
I found some articles about Sling Pipes -https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/sling-pipes.html. I read a lot of information about SlingPipes but I haven't understood yet what are the typical use cases of Sling Pipes or typical tasks and what are the advantages of using Sling Pipes over other way of modifying content: why I can't use, for example, Groovy Console or JSP Scriplets for this as is more regular way to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

With sling pipes you can build your ruleset declarative (with a node structure) instead of coding. Of course you have other options as well, and Sling Pipes ist just a nice and interesting approach to define such rules. Of course you can do the very same with Groovy or other technologies.

Jörg

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

With sling pipes you can build your ruleset declarative (with a node structure) instead of coding. Of course you have other options as well, and Sling Pipes ist just a nice and interesting approach to define such rules. Of course you can do the very same with Groovy or other technologies.

Jörg