Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

What are the advantages of using Sling Pipes over other way to modifying content?

Level 2

What are the advantages of using Sling Pipes over other way to modifying content?
I found some articles about Sling Pipes -https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/sling-pipes.html. I read a lot of information about SlingPipes but I haven't understood yet what are the typical use cases of Sling Pipes or typical tasks and what are the advantages of using Sling Pipes over other way of modifying content: why I can't use, for example, Groovy Console or JSP Scriplets for this as is more regular way to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

With sling pipes you can build your ruleset declarative (with a node structure) instead of coding. Of course you have other options as well, and Sling Pipes ist just a nice and interesting approach to define such rules. Of course you can do the very same with Groovy or other technologies.

Jörg

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

With sling pipes you can build your ruleset declarative (with a node structure) instead of coding. Of course you have other options as well, and Sling Pipes ist just a nice and interesting approach to define such rules. Of course you can do the very same with Groovy or other technologies.

Jörg