Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

welcome.html keeps on loading and results in This site cannot be reached

Level 2

Hi,

I have created a user and when trying to open welcome.html with the users credentials it keeps on loading and finally results in "This site cannot be reached". All the other screens like siteadmin  ,useradmin.... open fine. I have the user read access to all the nodes. Please help me resolve this.

7 Replies

Level 3

can you share a screenshot of the permissions that are set for the user?

did you enable read access on the root(/) node?

Level 2

Hi Varun,

Yes, I have enabled read access on root node and all the nodes have read access. To be more specific all  nodes including root and all nodes under /libs/ also have read access. Please let me know if you are looking for access given on specific node so that I can share the screen shot accordingly.

Actually when I try to login to CQ5 using URL <hostname>:<port>/libs/granite/core/content/login.html?resource=%2F&$$login$$=%24%24login%24%24 it keeps on loading and finally the url changes to <hostname>:<port>/libs/cq/core/content/welcome.html and ends up giving "The site cannot be reached", but it logs in when I use <hostname>:<port>/libs/granite/core/content/login.html?resource=%2Fsiteadmin&$$login$$=%24%24login%24%24 (here resource is siteadmin) it logs in. And after login if I change the url to welcome.html usually it should load but it gives a network error. I know its a bit strange but its happening with me.

Please let me know if you want any further details.

Thanks in advance!

Level 10

Are you seeing the same behaviour when you log in as an admin. Can you access your site? 

Level 9

Hi Krishna,

Thanks,

Level 2

Hi Smac,

No, it works fine when I login as admin user (I can access everything as an admin user).

Thanks!

Level 2

Hi Stuff,

The issue exists in all the web browsers ( Chrome, Firefox and IE), I use http . It works fine when I login as admin user, Please suggest if you want me to still perform the given steps by you.

Thanks in advance!

Level 9

Hi Krishna,

You can skip points 2 & 3.   Points 1 & 4 still holds good.

Thanks,