Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

Virtualization in AEM

Former Community Member

Hello,

What is Virtualization in CQ? How is it implemented?

I tried searching the day docs but could not find anything really informative. Can some one help me with this?

Thanks in advance

Pranaya

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

If you are referring to server visualization there isn't any AEM related implementation details - the software is installed that same on a virtualized server as it is on physical server. 

The other place in AEM where you see the term virtual is around virtual components like the column control components. This is a component that doesn't actual have any code - it exists only to allow the author to drag a particular configuration on the page. Not a lot of documentation about that - you  need to dig into the column control code if you want to understand it. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

can you give more details on your requirement or usecase ?

Correct answer by
Level 8

If you are referring to server visualization there isn't any AEM related implementation details - the software is installed that same on a virtualized server as it is on physical server. 

The other place in AEM where you see the term virtual is around virtual components like the column control components. This is a component that doesn't actual have any code - it exists only to allow the author to drag a particular configuration on the page. Not a lot of documentation about that - you  need to dig into the column control code if you want to understand it.