Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Viewing WebHelp in CQ5

Level 1

I've read that housing WebHelp on CQ5 is most likely not do-able, however, not impossible. I've successfully uploaded WebHelp onto CQ5 and the help opens up beautifully to the start page, HOWEVER, when clicking on every other topic, we get this on our pages:

6-12-2014 1-27-08 PM.png

All the files and folders are present in the DAM. Is it the way CQ5 reads the help the reason we're getting this error? Can anyone think of a workaround/solution to this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

It looks like the path being requested is /dam/clientcenter/... Shouldn't this be /content/dam/clientcenter/... ?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

It looks like the path being requested is /dam/clientcenter/... Shouldn't this be /content/dam/clientcenter/... ?

Level 6

Yes, the problem here is that the .htm is looked upon as a suffix and Sling tries to render the "node" .../running_archtics/workstation_setup.htm, that is static content, as a htm type.

You need to get sling to understand that anything that is found under **/Webhelp/ should just be regarded as static content.

Are you editing the Webhelp .htm pages? If you are not, I would put the static files in a htdocs section in the dispatcher and serve it from there. But then you can't linkt to is in an easy way...

/O

Level 1

I'm not sure about the path - my knowledge in CQ5 is very limited. Looks like our developer is getting involved and hopefully will be able to use the info you've provided to fix this issue! Thank you for the quick response this morning. :-)

Level 10

Make sure that the developers configure Sling to point to the static HTML file that you want to render. 

Level 6

Oh... what you could do if you go for the Dispatcher approach is to use a Static Agent to write down to the Dispatcher on publish of a Webhelp document. See http://www.wemblog.com/2012/02/how-to-use-static-agent-in-cq-wem.html

/O

Level 1

I am constantly editing the .htm files and will be publishing a new version about every 6 weeks. I'm not a CQ5 expert and will forward this to the main person I'm working with on this. Thank you! I'll let you know if it worked.