Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Using other special characters in fulltextsearch query builder is not return any results.

Level 1

Hello!

I have a content fragment which has a title property of:

jcr:content/data/master/@title = "Qi® Wireless 15W Receiver Reference Design"

Now I have here a query :

http://localhost:4502/bin/querybuilder.json?1_property=jcr:content/data/cq:model&1_property.0_value=...

But somehow it's not returning any result when fulltextsearch is = "Qi®*"
But it returns a result when fulltextsearch is = "Qi®"

But I need to make it dynamic and needs to have '*' at the end of the string always (or is it required?).

Need some help.
Thanks!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@nickdanielle 

Try the XPATH or JCR-SQL2 equivalent of the above query which has support for wildcard character in jcr:contains 

(You can arrive at the same using Explain Query: Tools -> Operations -> Diagnosis -> Query Performance -> Explain Query -> Key in your Query builder predicates -> You can see the XPATH and JCR-SQL2 equivalent and index used)

There is no explicit mention about wildcard support in fulltext Query Builder predicate. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@nickdanielle 

Try the XPATH or JCR-SQL2 equivalent of the above query which has support for wildcard character in jcr:contains 

(You can arrive at the same using Explain Query: Tools -> Operations -> Diagnosis -> Query Performance -> Explain Query -> Key in your Query builder predicates -> You can see the XPATH and JCR-SQL2 equivalent and index used)

There is no explicit mention about wildcard support in fulltext Query Builder predicate.