Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Using hyperlinks in launches

Level 2

Hi All, 

I create content in the launch copy of the page and place a hyperlink to another page from the same launch. when launch is promoted, the link still points to the launch version of the page. Is there a solution to this issue? 

Regards,

Nikolai

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello Nikolai,

What's the format of the hyperlink?
e.g. absolute (i.e. including the domain name), site root-relative, page-relative, etc.

How did you create the hyperlink?
e.g. using the hyperlink button in a Text Component, manually inserting the HTML code for the link, etc. 

When you create a site root-relative hyperlink using the Hyperlink button in a Text Component, and then use the Content Finder from the Hyperlink dialog to find and select the page, this should ensure that the link stays updated.

(Source of images: Boston College)

I hope this helps.

If it does not, we may need more information from you to sort this out.
e.g. if/where is LiveCopy used? nested launches or just single one? scope and other options selected during promotion? etc.

Kind regards,

- Carey

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Administrator

Hi Nikolai

Launches enables you to efficiently develop the content for a future release of one or more activated web pages. Launches creates a copy of your production pages. As you update the production pages, the changes are automatically implemented in the launch copy.

CREATING A LAUNCH

1. Open the Website administration page. 
  2. Click New > New Launch.
  3. In the Create Launch dialog, specify values for the following properties:

·         Launch Title: The name of the Launch. The name should be meaningful for authors.

·         Source Page: The path to the page for which to create the launch. By default, all child pages are included.

·         Exclude Sub Pages: Select this option to create the launch only for the source page and not the child pages. By default, this option is not selected.

·         Keep In Sync: Select this option to automatically update the content of launch pages when the source pages change.

·         Launch Date: The date and time when the launch copy is to be activated.

PROMOTING LAUNCH PAGES TO PRODUCTION

When a launch page is promoted, the corresponding page of the Production launch is replaced with the content of the promoted page. The following options are available when promoting a page:

·         Whether to promote only the current page or the entire Launch.

·         Whether to promote the child pages of the current page.

After you promote the launch pages, you can quickly activate the production pages. Add the pages to a workflow package and use it as the payload for a workflow that activates a package of pages. You need to create the workflow package before promoting the launch.

Perform the following procedure while editing the launch page that you want to promote.

1.       On the Page tab in Sidekick, click Promote Launch.

2.       Specify the pages to promote:

·         (Default) To promote only the current page, select  Promote Page Changes To Production Version.

·         To also promote the child pages of the current page, select Include Sub Pages.

·         To promote all pages in the launch, select Promote Full Launch To Production Version.

3.       To add the production pages to a workflow package, select Add To Workflow Package and then select the workflow package.

4.       Click Promote.

I hope this would solve your problem.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello Nikolai,

What's the format of the hyperlink?
e.g. absolute (i.e. including the domain name), site root-relative, page-relative, etc.

How did you create the hyperlink?
e.g. using the hyperlink button in a Text Component, manually inserting the HTML code for the link, etc. 

When you create a site root-relative hyperlink using the Hyperlink button in a Text Component, and then use the Content Finder from the Hyperlink dialog to find and select the page, this should ensure that the link stays updated.

(Source of images: Boston College)

I hope this helps.

If it does not, we may need more information from you to sort this out.
e.g. if/where is LiveCopy used? nested launches or just single one? scope and other options selected during promotion? etc.

Kind regards,

- Carey

Level 2

Hi Carey, 

unfortunately that was exactly how I created the link. The steps to reproduce are:

IN PRODUCTION VERSION:

1. Create two pages under the same node - 'Page A' and 'Page B'

2. Add text component to Page A. Create a link using hyperlink dialog and use content finder to point link to Page B. No typing.

3. Create a launch at the parent node. Live Copy is on.

4. Open Page A and switch to the launch version.

IN LAUNCH VERSION

5. Check link. Link is pointing to the launch copy of the Page B, as expected. Text component is locked (live copy).

6. Unlock text component. Do not touch the link.

7. Close Page A.

8. Promote launch. Launch promoted successfully, as expected. I have tried all options - full launch, single page (parent) with children, single page (with link) without children. 

IN PRODUCTION VERSION

9. Open Page A. Check the link. Link is pointing to the launch version of the Page B.  

I hope this helps to investigation.

Regards,

- Nikolai

Level 2

Hi Kautuk, 

how exactly this answers my question?