Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Using Component Model data to show/hide fieldset in component Dialog

Level 2

Hi guys so I have a task and I am not just looking for a solution, but hopefully the most efficient. So I have a component that needs to get data (boolean variable) for the page/template properties then using that, we can show/hide certain fields within the dialog.

So let's say in the template I am using I have a checkbox with a property that says include feature, now what I want is for a particular component, Say heading&summary to be able to grab that page property and use it to show/hide options on my Heading&Summary component.

How can I achieve this? I stumbled up a granite feature renderCondition and I am not sure if this is one of the case I can use, say maybe implementing "Simple" condition. 

You assistance would be appreciated. thanls

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hello,

. I wrote a tutorial on creating custom render conditions (can be done in 10 mins) here: https://levelup.gitconnected.com/aem-creating-custom-granite-render-conditions-28a21958f420. In the tutorial you will learn to show or hide a component property in the edit dialog based on the navigation title of the containing page (you can then quite easily change it to consider a different page property of your choosing).

Hope it helps 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10
Hi, I decided to turn my answer into a tutorial. I sent it off for publication, should be ready in -+/ 24h

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hello,

. I wrote a tutorial on creating custom render conditions (can be done in 10 mins) here: https://levelup.gitconnected.com/aem-creating-custom-granite-render-conditions-28a21958f420. In the tutorial you will learn to show or hide a component property in the edit dialog based on the navigation title of the containing page (you can then quite easily change it to consider a different page property of your choosing).

Hope it helps 

Level 2
Thanks, sounds like what I am looking for, about to have a read so I will give an update ASAP

Level 2
Best!! This is exactly what i wanted. Works beautifully and now at least going foward I can create my own custom rendor conditions.