Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

User Report Export

Level 1

Hello,

I have been attempting to export information on our users with no avail from AEM 6.1. Essentially, I would like to export a report in .CSV or a similar format that provides a list of our total users, when they last accessed the system and finally, the roles or permissions that they have been associated with the users in the system.

Is this something that can be achieved with AEM 6.1?

Best,

Emmanuel

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

There are a lot of inline editable Javascript based tools or model. You can use any of those. Mostly they need JSON object as input.

ExtJS is one of those.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

AEM does provide reporting on page access & user reports with very limited features. However, For your requirement, it seems you need to build a custom solution.

Getting user information would not be hard for you but getting the permission of a particular user is very subjective. Any user can have many access at different levels in the AEM Repository. You need to define when you are generating a report for permissions.

Find a role could be easy though.

User Reporting reference

Reporting

Level 1

Thank you for your response, I was able to build the report on the users. however, I am having a hard time exporting the information to an editable format. Would you have any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Level 10

Build a custom service that dumps the data into EXCEL - see Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a Custom Reporting Service for Adobe Experience Manager

This is an older community article - we will update this to a new AEM version.

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

There are a lot of inline editable Javascript based tools or model. You can use any of those. Mostly they need JSON object as input.

ExtJS is one of those.

I hope this helps.