Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

USer Property component does not list our profile custom property in dropdown

Level 5

We want to use segmentation and for that we tried to drag the user property component. But it does not display our custom profile property. The way we define cusotm profile property is using our SAML authenticaiton . Not all users will have all these properties populated but some users do.

WHat exactly dtermines what shows up in the dropdown? how does the user property component pull the user properties? Do they need to be defined somewhere?

4 Replies

Level 10

Please post a screen shot of the component that you are dragging, 

Level 5

Scott

I've attached two screenshots. One highlights the component we are draggging (user property). the second shows our profile at the organization taht has a ton of custom profile properties we want to create a segment on 

Level 8

That's using the OOTB context store for those properties.  You need to create your own to have the dropdown's show your values, however, you can type them in and they will be available.

Checkout these paths in CRXDE Lite:

/etc/clientcontext/default/content/jcr:content/stores/profiledata
/libs/cq/personalization/components/contextstores/profiledata
/libs/cq/personalization/components/profileloader/command/load/load.js.jsp
/libs/cq/personalization/components/profileloader/command/load/load.json.jsp

Level 5

Thanks leeasling,

However at none of the paths it actually has specific code for those 4 properties that get listed. Where exactly would I go and add those properties?

I've added those by manually typing in. Now to test it, Need to activate the page that has this campaign. Do I need to activate just the page? I don't see an activate under campaign but only under segmentation?

how to activate brand/campaign/teaser/segments?