Expand my Community achievements bar.

User and Group Synchronization between publishers in AEM

Level 1

Hi Team,

I am doing a POC to check the user and group synchronization between publishers in AEM. That if users are added from publish, how to sync the users and their groups.

I have followed the documentation provided by Adobe https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-4/sites/administering/using/sync.html . In my local I have one author and two publishers. I have done the configurations specified in the document.

Troubleshooting

1. Created a user from user admin console in one publisher, after an interval I could see the user automatically coming up in publisher 2 user admin console. - Worked

2. Created a group in publisher1 and could see the group automatically coming up in publisher 2 - Worked

3. Created a CUG group in author, activated the group, it came to both publishers. Now started to add an user to the CUG group in publisher 1, but the changes didn't reflect in publisher 2. - Not Worked

Can you help me where I am going wrong, or anything which I have missed in the 3rd scenario?

Regards

Prathyusha

4 Replies

Employee

Setup additional debug logs for [1] on all instances.  If you don't spot anything helpful you can resolve.  Then raise a ticket with all the debug logs after running the usecase #3.

[1]

org.apache.sling.distribution

org.apache.sling.event

com.adobe.cq.social.sync

Employee

Try to employ http://<host>:<port>/libs/granite/distribution/content/distribution.html and check agent queue health and the status.

Level 1

Thank you yanirac19051392berliant​ for the information. I could check the agent health queue, it showed idle

1762336_pastedImage_0.png

I could observe after sometime the group sync changes are coming up.  I have re-done the activity of 3rd scenario with new group, activating from author and adding user to group in one publisher, I couls see the changes refelcting. Now its working fine, but was wondering why it took some time first time

Employee

Glad it's working now.  I imagine for some reason the queue was delayed or somewhat stuck but recovered without issue.  Continue to monitor just in case and if it happens consistently setup debug so we can monitor why this happens.