Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Uploading PowerPoint Documents to DAM AEM6

Level 5

Uploading .ppt documents to the DAM works in 5.6.1 and saves the metadata just fine.  When trying to do this in AEM6, the .ppt saves fine but none of it's metadata comes over.  I get the following error.  Anybody else run across this or know a fix for it?

09.01.2015 08:56:28.437 *ERROR* [JobHandler: /etc/workflow/instances/2015-01-09/model_160470156241934:/content/dam/xxx/Presentations-Tips.ppt/jcr:content/renditions/original] com.day.cq.dam.core.process.ExtractMetadataProcess saveMetadata: error while saving metdata for asset [/content/dam/xxx/Presentations-Tips.ppt]:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: XML name is not valid.

at com.adobe.xmp.core.impl.XMPStructImpl.setSimple(XMPStructImpl.java:57)

at com.adobe.xmp.core.impl.XMPMetadataImpl.setSimple(XMPMetadataImpl.java:17)

at com.adobe.xmp.core.parser.impl.ParserRDF.addSimpleChild(ParserRDF.java:1174)

at com.adobe.xmp.core.parser.impl.ParserRDF.rdf_LiteralPropertyElement(ParserRDF.java:692)

at com.adobe.xmp.core.parser.impl.ParserRDF.rdf_PropertyElement(ParserRDF.java:443)

at com.adobe.xmp.core.parser.impl.ParserRDF.rdf_PropertyElementList(ParserRDF.java:256)

at com.adobe.xmp.core.parser.impl.ParserRDF.rdf_NodeElement(ParserRDF.java:146)

at com.adobe.xmp.core.parser.impl.ParserRDF.rdf_NodeElementList(ParserRDF.java:106)

at com.adobe.xmp.core.parser.impl.ParserRDF.parse(ParserRDF.java:77)

at com.adobe.xmp.core.parser.impl.ParserImpl.parse(ParserImpl.java:88)

at com.adobe.xmp.core.parser.RDFXMLParser.parse(RDFXMLParser.java:55)

at com.day.cq.dam.commons.metadata.SimpleXmpToJcrMetadataBuilder.storeAsXmp(SimpleXmpToJcrMetadataBuilder.java:610)

at

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

If it worked in an earlier version and not in AEM 6 - it looks like  a bug. Please file a ticket: http://helpx.adobe.com/marketing-cloud/experience-manager.html.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

If it worked in an earlier version and not in AEM 6 - it looks like  a bug. Please file a ticket: http://helpx.adobe.com/marketing-cloud/experience-manager.html.

Level 1

Is thee any hotfix for this released yet?

Level 10

Laura Richardson Login wrote...

Is thee any hotfix for this released yet?

Have you filled support request ?  If not test with sp2 & issue persist log a support request by attaching your sample ppt.

Level 5

When was sp2 released?  I thought I was fully up to date with all the patches and fixes.  The last one I put in was from Dec 17th, the oak one. 

I can't seem to log on to create a day care ticket.