Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

upgrade using crx2oak

Level 4

I just want to move repository from CRX1 (cq5.56) to CRX2 (cq6.1) with the help of oak jar.

I tried this command:

java -jar .\crx2oak-1.0.54-standalone.jar C:\Users\jangid\Desktop\aem 6.1\newauthor\CQ-Aut
hor\crx-quickstart\repository C:\Users\jangid\Desktop\aem 6.1\author\crx-quickstart\repository \--include-path=/ --exclude-path=/tmp --merge-path=/content

The following error occurred.

Too much node store arguments: [SEGMENT[C:\Users\jangid\Desktop\aem], SEGMENT[6.1\newauthor\CQ-Author\crx-quickstart\r
ository], SEGMENT[C:\Users\jangid\Desktop\aem], SEGMENT[6.1\author\crx-quickstart\repository], SEGMENT[\--include-path
]]

What to do next?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

You also have a typo "--include-path" it should be --include-paths the same is true for your --exclude-path and --merge-path parameters, you are missing the trailing "s"   I have used the below command in the past (for 6.2 migration). As feike mentioned, download the latest version of crx2oak.

java -Dlogback.configurationFile=${LOG_CONFIGURATION} \
     -Xmx10g \
     -jar crx2oak-1.4.2-standalone.jar \
     ${SOURCE_REPOSITORY} \
     ${TARGET_REPOSITORY} \
     --include-paths=/content \
     --datastore ${DATASTORE} \
     --copy-versions=true \
     --copy-orphaned-versions=false \
     --copy-binaries

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

You also have a typo "--include-path" it should be --include-paths the same is true for your --exclude-path and --merge-path parameters, you are missing the trailing "s"   I have used the below command in the past (for 6.2 migration). As feike mentioned, download the latest version of crx2oak.

java -Dlogback.configurationFile=${LOG_CONFIGURATION} \
     -Xmx10g \
     -jar crx2oak-1.4.2-standalone.jar \
     ${SOURCE_REPOSITORY} \
     ${TARGET_REPOSITORY} \
     --include-paths=/content \
     --datastore ${DATASTORE} \
     --copy-versions=true \
     --copy-orphaned-versions=false \
     --copy-binaries

Administrator

Adding Documentation link,

Link:- https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/deploy/upgrade/using-crx2oak.html

//This documentation covers:-

- Introduction
- Migration Use Cases
- Features
- Parameters
- Debugging

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

Hi,

I know its too late to reply but as I too faced the same sort of issue while migrating the repos, so thought of sharing how I resolved the issue and what was the actual issue here.

As you mentioned that you are getting the below error,

Too much node store arguments: [SEGMENT[C:\Users\jangid\Desktop\aem], SEGMENT[6.1\newauthor\CQ-Author\crx-quickstart\r

ository], SEGMENT[C:\Users\jangid\Desktop\aem], SEGMENT[6.1\author\crx-quickstart\repository], SEGMENT[\--include-path

]],

Here you can see that there too many arguments such as:

[SEGMENT[C:\Users\jangid\Desktop\aem]

SEGMENT[6.1\newauthor\CQ-Author\crx-quickstart\r

ository]

SEGMENT[C:\Users\jangid\Desktop\aem]

SEGMENT[6.1\author\crx-quickstart\repository],

That is mainly because you are having spaces between the folder names, that is why the command is failing by giving too much node store arguments error.

Moreover, giving the include-path=/content doesn't cause any error. I have tried with the same and it ran successfully for me.

Level 1

Also in your case you are having the folder name as "aem 6.1". Mind the space between aem and 6.1.