Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Updating page on dispatcher instance with changed content fragment

Level 3

Our app has an author instance, a publish instance and a dispatcher, all running on the same EC2 instance. We have a page containing a content fragment list component and when we publish a new content fragment or change an existing one, the page on the publish instance gets updated immediately but the page on the dispatcher doesn't. It seems like we need to republish the page every time we change something, but is there a way to configure it so that we only need to publish the content fragment and have the page on the dispatcher update automatically?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

hi @wei_lyu ,

Unfortunately, this is not possible straight away. Similar issue will even happen with experience fragment as highlighted in the below thread.

Solved: Experience Fragment issue in Dispatcher - Adobe Experience League Community - 260332

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Nikita Garg

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

hi @wei_lyu ,

Unfortunately, this is not possible straight away. Similar issue will even happen with experience fragment as highlighted in the below thread.

Solved: Experience Fragment issue in Dispatcher - Adobe Experience League Community - 260332

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Nikita Garg

Community Advisor

You can use TTLs, so that the content refreshes regularly.

For details, please refer to https://github.com/adobe/aem-dispatcher-experiments/blob/main/experiments/enableTTL/README.md

If possible, avoid setting up low values on statfileslevel, it would affect dispatcher performance. Since, the cache would be refreshed too often

Aanchal Sikka

Employee Advisor

@wei_lyu 

I believe such usecase is an ideal candidate for ACS Commons Dispatcher Flush, but on the official ACS Commons Page this tool is incompatible with AEMaaCS.

However, on another thread, it is still possible, if you follow the OSGI Configuration via AEM SDK. Check this out -https://github.com/Adobe-Consulting-Services/acs-aem-commons/issues/2798

You can give it a try and validate

Level 3

I have tried configuring the publish instance for our content fragments, but it still does not seem to be working. Our team has decided to manually publish the page whenever a content fragment is updated.

I do not think it is practical to add a flush rule every time we have a new page that references content fragments. I believe the automatic republishing of pages when content fragments are updated should be a default behavior. I hope Adobe can consider implementing this feature in future updates.