Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Updating dispatcher configuration after update AEM 6.3 -> 6.5

Level 4

Hello, AEM Community

Do you have any guide, best practices or experience in updating dispatcher configuration after update AEM from 6.3 to 6.4-5?

I didn't find anything in the internet.

Thanks. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

As @Vish_dhaliwal said the Dispatcher is independent of AEM.

In order to help you, we will need the following information for both your source (the current Dispatcher you have) and your target (the Dispatcher you aspire to have 

1. What OS are you on? Windows, Debian, RHEL, other?
  2. What web server are you using? IIS, Apache HTTP Server?
  3. What version of the server do you want?
  4. What version of the Dispatcher module will you install?

I sent you a personal message as this issue is highly complex (as you can probably tell from the questions above). I'm performing a similar upgrade at the moment, perhaps we can collaborate to create some documentation?

My tips for a successful upgrade: 

• Regarding the upgrade of the server and the configuration of the server: 
    Don't follow the Adobe documentation (sorry @Vish_dhaliwal  ) because it's no good. There are literally syntax mistakes in the configurations provided:

<fModule disp_apache2.c>
DispatcherConfig conf/dispatcher.any
DispatcherLog logs/dispatcher.log DispatcherLogLevel 3
DispatcherNoServerHeader 0 DispatcherDeclineRoot 0
DispatcherUseProcessedURL 0
DispatcherPassError 0
DispatcherKeepAliveTimeout 60
</IfModule>​

Ten points to Griffindor if you can spot them!

• Prefer the README.md provided in the .zip of the Dispatcher download (almost right, it's just missing some crucial elements).

• Once you've configured the server (IIS or Apache), you will have to configure the actual Dispatcher module (using .any files). A great resource for documenting this is weirdly difficult to find. You can get it here.

Hope this helps! Reach out to me via the private message if you'd like to get in contact 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Dispatcher versions are independent of AEM versions. The configuration guide [1] can be referenced for any AEM version.

Install the latest dispatcher version -> https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-dispatcher/using/getting-started/release-n...

[1] https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-dispatcher/using/configuring/dispatcher-co...

Regards,

Vishu

Correct answer by
Level 10

As @Vish_dhaliwal said the Dispatcher is independent of AEM.

In order to help you, we will need the following information for both your source (the current Dispatcher you have) and your target (the Dispatcher you aspire to have 

1. What OS are you on? Windows, Debian, RHEL, other?
  2. What web server are you using? IIS, Apache HTTP Server?
  3. What version of the server do you want?
  4. What version of the Dispatcher module will you install?

I sent you a personal message as this issue is highly complex (as you can probably tell from the questions above). I'm performing a similar upgrade at the moment, perhaps we can collaborate to create some documentation?

My tips for a successful upgrade: 

• Regarding the upgrade of the server and the configuration of the server: 
    Don't follow the Adobe documentation (sorry @Vish_dhaliwal  ) because it's no good. There are literally syntax mistakes in the configurations provided:

<fModule disp_apache2.c>
DispatcherConfig conf/dispatcher.any
DispatcherLog logs/dispatcher.log DispatcherLogLevel 3
DispatcherNoServerHeader 0 DispatcherDeclineRoot 0
DispatcherUseProcessedURL 0
DispatcherPassError 0
DispatcherKeepAliveTimeout 60
</IfModule>​

Ten points to Griffindor if you can spot them!

• Prefer the README.md provided in the .zip of the Dispatcher download (almost right, it's just missing some crucial elements).

• Once you've configured the server (IIS or Apache), you will have to configure the actual Dispatcher module (using .any files). A great resource for documenting this is weirdly difficult to find. You can get it here.

Hope this helps! Reach out to me via the private message if you'd like to get in contact 

Level 4

Hi, @Theo_Pendle,

Thank you very much for you contribution. I'll try your tips.