Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Update options provider of selection widget in multi type

Level 4

Hi ,

I have created a multi type widget which has a fieldconfig of xtype selection . optionsprovider property is defined which has a java script function as a value to load the drop down with values . This is all fine at my end and my drop down works as expected .

Now as a new requirement , I had to add a path field to the dialog and on change of value in path field , i need to re populate my drop down with new values based on path selected . 

I'm trying to achieve this by adding a dialogcloselistener which would execute a script . In the script i'm getting hold of my multiwidget field . My idea is that from this multi field widget i can get hold of selection widget an call setOptions on it to reload  , but it doesn't seem to work . I had also tried something as  setOptionsProvider but this too doesn't work ? Any pointers on how I can achieve it? Which function should I be calling ? My function which i'm adding to dialog close listener is below ,

function(){  

var componentDialog = this.findParentByType('dialog'); 

var selectedPath = this.value; 

var multifield = componentDialog.getField("./multi");

var obj =  multifield.findByType('ejstcustomxx');

console.dir(obj.optionsProvider);

var selectedPath = 'this.value';

/**  here i'm trying  obj.optionsProvider or obj.setOptions () , for both it complains that they are undefined ..

obj.setOptions (call custom  function with selected path );

Thanks for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Did you looked at oob page properties cloud config dialog implementation?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Did you looked at oob page properties cloud config dialog implementation?

Level 4

Thanks for your pointer . I haven't looked at it . I will check now and see if I can get reference to suit my use case . Will post an update on how things go .