Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Update anonymous user permissions on AEM as a Cloud Service

anubhav1988
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I need to give jcr:read access on certain nodes in /apps directory to anonymous user on AEM publish instance.

In AEM as a Cloud Service, I don't have the permissions to access user management console and unable to give permissions manually.

I tried repoinit to grant the permissions.

set ACL on /apps
 allow jcr:read for anonymous
 end

However, the code pipeline gives error during deployment as below.

DD.MM.YYYY 04:00:04.307 *ERROR* [Apache Sling Repository Startup Thread #1] com.adobe.granite.repository.impl.SlingRepositoryManager Exception in a SlingRepositoryInitializer, SlingRepository service registration aborted
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to set ACL (javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException: Cannot set ACL on non-existent path /apps) AclLine ALLOW {principals=[anonymous], privileges=[jcr:read]}

Can you please suggest a resolution for this?

Note - I am able to give these permissions on my local which fixes the actual issue we are facing.

Regards,
Anubhav

1 Accepted Solution
rampai
Correct answer by
Level 5
Level 5

Hi @anubhav1988,

The problem would be because the repo init statements mention mutable content in the documentation.

/apps and /libs are immutable at runtime and ACLs are stored under the respective nodes that need the permission in. AEM. 

Did you try packaging rep:policy nodes in ui.apps package?

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/implementing/developing/aem...

The ui.apps package contains all the code to be deployed and only deploys to /apps. Common elements of the ui.apps package include, but are not limited to:

• Component definitions and HTL scripts
    • /apps/my-app/components
  • JavaScript and CSS (via Client Libraries)
    • /apps/my-app/clientlibs
  • Overlays of /libs
    • /apps/cq, /apps/dam/, etc.
  • Fallback context-aware configurations
    • /apps/settings
  • ACLs (permissions)
    • Any rep:policy for any path under /apps

Thanks,

Ram

View solution in original post

3 Replies
bangar50
Level 7
Level 7

Hi @anubhav1988 ,

you can give the permission through dispatcher in the filter. Any file.

Regards,

Sanjay

rampai
Correct answer by
Level 5
Level 5

Hi @anubhav1988,

The problem would be because the repo init statements mention mutable content in the documentation.

/apps and /libs are immutable at runtime and ACLs are stored under the respective nodes that need the permission in. AEM. 

Did you try packaging rep:policy nodes in ui.apps package?

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/implementing/developing/aem...

The ui.apps package contains all the code to be deployed and only deploys to /apps. Common elements of the ui.apps package include, but are not limited to:

• Component definitions and HTL scripts
    • /apps/my-app/components
  • JavaScript and CSS (via Client Libraries)
    • /apps/my-app/clientlibs
  • Overlays of /libs
    • /apps/cq, /apps/dam/, etc.
  • Fallback context-aware configurations
    • /apps/settings
  • ACLs (permissions)
    • Any rep:policy for any path under /apps

Thanks,

Ram

View solution in original post