Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Unlocking a page with system user

Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

While coding a WorkflowProcess implementation, I need to create a "system user" who can unlock pages.

Pages are locked through a WorkflowSession on a previous workflow step.

How can I give the "system user" the permissions to unlock pages?

Obviously I don't what to use an admin session, and I'm wondering how can I grant unlock permissions in AEM Security Permissions tab!

Thank you,

Lir

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I'd read a thread somewhere which I'll try to find again & post here. It mentioned that 'page.canUnlock()' won't work but 'page.unlock()' will.

View solution in original post

28 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

I'd read a thread somewhere which I'll try to find again & post here. It mentioned that 'page.canUnlock()' won't work but 'page.unlock()' will.

Level 3
Level 3

Interesting!, I'll try that and let you know

Level 3
Level 3

That was it!

It works now with admin AND with the system user for which I set "jcr:all"

I will reduce the privileges to only what's required of unlocking and that would be it.

It is strange why page.canUnlock() would return false, but no harm now that I know.

Thank you

Level 2
HI @lir, we have a custom 'lock payload' and 'unlock payload' steps in our workflow. But the unlock step fails with "LockException: Not an owner of the lock" although i'm using the same serviceUser to lock and unlock the session and this user has jcr:all on the content path and on /home/groups. I've tried both LockManager API and Page API. And i've tried both wfSession (wfSession.adaptTo(Session.class)) and a serviceUser session (serviceResolver.adaptTo(Session.class)).

Level 2
Fixed: I was using session.getWorkspace().getLockManager() where session here was serviceUser session instead of wfSession. i.e. final LockManager lockManager = session.getWorkspace().getLockManager(); Here the session should ofcourse be wfSession.

Level 1

For me page.unlock() with system user having high privileges didn't work. But something like below worked for me though

page = pageManager.getPage(pagePath);
if (page.isLocked()) {
Node node = session.getNode(pagePath+"/jcr:content");
node.removeMixin("mix:lockable");
session.save();
}

Level 10

Finally!!

Its probably because the second user who is trying to unlock doesn't have the read permissions on /home/users/..  path to read it's own ACL to find out that can it unlock that specific /content path?

Level 3
Level 3

That might be the case for my system user, but it shouldn't happen for admin. It does though