Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Unable to unlock a page with system user using workflow in AEM 6.5

Level 2

Hello,

Is there a way to unlock a page using workflow ?

Steps followed:

1) Content editor will lock the page manually.

2) Start the workflow and before ending the workflow, there is unlock process step to unlock the page.

3) Page unlock would be done by system user.

4) I see error at page.unlock() . The error is 

com.day.cq.wcm.api.WCMException: Unable to unlock page. msg:::Unable to unlock page

Tried giving permissions like jcr:lockmanagement, jcr:all to that specific page from crx but no use.

Please suggest a way to make this possible.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee
5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Community Advisor

Hi @nandini559 

Please take reference from post https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/unlocking-a-page-with-syst.... This post had the similar issues as yours.

I went through the solutions and at the end it was concluded that "confirmed that a "system user" cannot unlock a page unless he owns the lock, no matter the permissions I give to him". At the end developer ended up chanding his flow to achive the same which is 

1- an AEM user initiates my custom workflow on a page

2- my WorkflowProcess implementation code, locks the page under the initiator session. This means that the initiator owns the lock of that page.

3- on a further down workflow step, my code needs to unlock the page, but the AEM user completing the step is not the same user as the one who owns the lock.

Therefore I have to manually (not programmatically) already have created a system user with permissions to unlock ANY page, AND have my code unlock the page under his session.

Go through the post and it should lead you to the solution. 

Hope it helps,

Nupur

Level 2
Thanks for your replies. The only solution i found to unlock the pages using system user is, he should own the lock.

Level 2
Hi @nandini559, did you have any luck with this? We have custom 'lock payload' and 'unlock payload' steps in our workflow. But the unlock step fails with "LockException: Not an owner of the lock". I've tried both LockManager API and Page API (LockManager.lock(), Page.lock()). And i've tried both wfSession (wfSession.adaptTo(Session.class)) and a serviceUser session (serviceResolver.adaptTo(Session.class)). And the user has jcr:all on the content path and on /home/groups. @Nupur_Jain i've followed that post, but had no luck. Any tips?

Level 2
Fixed: I was using session.getWorkspace().getLockManager() where session here was serviceUser session instead of wfSession. i.e. final LockManager lockManager = session.getWorkspace().getLockManager(); Here the session should ofcourse be wfSession.