Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Unable to select the components on a page

Level 2

Hi, I want to perform a rollout only for the selected components in the page. I notice that I am not able to select any of the components present in the pages using the small checkbox in the component's edit bar. I am not sure why this is happening. All of them are custom components and not OOTB ones. Any solutions to this, please share them. Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi, Thanks for the reply & yes, they are appearing on the sidekick. However, I just discovered the fix. The EditBar.js has a listener with the following lines of code

listeners: {
                check: function(cb, checked) {
                    if (checked) {
                        CQ.WCM.select(editBar, true);

where 'check' has to be replaced with selectionChanged. Once I tried that, it worked!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Are they appearing on the sidekick? How were they created - was an online reference followed? 

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi, Thanks for the reply & yes, they are appearing on the sidekick. However, I just discovered the fix. The EditBar.js has a listener with the following lines of code

listeners: {
                check: function(cb, checked) {
                    if (checked) {
                        CQ.WCM.select(editBar, true);

where 'check' has to be replaced with selectionChanged. Once I tried that, it worked!

Level 6

We try to selecting certain components for MSM rollout, and face the same issue, not be able to select a component since the checkbox on the component edit bar doesn't work properly. I have tested your code, it works fine. Just wonder if Adobe released a hot fix for this issue?