Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to select the components on a page

Level 2

Hi, I want to perform a rollout only for the selected components in the page. I notice that I am not able to select any of the components present in the pages using the small checkbox in the component's edit bar. I am not sure why this is happening. All of them are custom components and not OOTB ones. Any solutions to this, please share them. Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi, Thanks for the reply & yes, they are appearing on the sidekick. However, I just discovered the fix. The EditBar.js has a listener with the following lines of code

listeners: {
                check: function(cb, checked) {
                    if (checked) {
                        CQ.WCM.select(editBar, true);

where 'check' has to be replaced with selectionChanged. Once I tried that, it worked!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Are they appearing on the sidekick? How were they created - was an online reference followed? 

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi, Thanks for the reply & yes, they are appearing on the sidekick. However, I just discovered the fix. The EditBar.js has a listener with the following lines of code

listeners: {
                check: function(cb, checked) {
                    if (checked) {
                        CQ.WCM.select(editBar, true);

where 'check' has to be replaced with selectionChanged. Once I tried that, it worked!

Level 6

We try to selecting certain components for MSM rollout, and face the same issue, not be able to select a component since the checkbox on the component edit bar doesn't work properly. I have tested your code, it works fine. Just wonder if Adobe released a hot fix for this issue?