Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to overwrite file in Secure Document step

Level 2

I have a one-step workflow that Reader-extends uploaded PDFs using the Secure Document step.  Payload is a single PDF of type 'dam:Asset'. 

When the workflow output is set to "Overwrite Payload File", the job fails.  Last lines in the failure details:

Caused by: com.adobe.granite.workflow.WorkflowException: Unable to over write file -

/content/dam/formsanddocuments/example.pdf. The resource is not a File

What does this error mean?  I don't imagine the payload literally has to be type 'nt:file'.  The workflow succeeds if it's set to output under the payload directory.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I couldn't find 'Secure Dcoument Step' OOB in AEM 6.4, probably its a part of AEM-forms.

Validate that the payload 'example.pdf' has a jcr:content node and renditions folder which in-turn has original node as "nt:file".

Try with another pdf file to rule out that this pdf is corrupt or its open by another thread.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Are you using a custom workflow step that uses Java code or an OOTB step?

Level 2

OOTB.  Input is simply 'use payload'.  No encryption, locking, or signatures.

Correct answer by
Level 10

I couldn't find 'Secure Dcoument Step' OOB in AEM 6.4, probably its a part of AEM-forms.

Validate that the payload 'example.pdf' has a jcr:content node and renditions folder which in-turn has original node as "nt:file".

Try with another pdf file to rule out that this pdf is corrupt or its open by another thread.

Level 2

Yes, the Forms 6.4 add-on.

I pointed the workflow to "...(/.*/)renditions/original" on example and two other forms and all extended successfully.  Seems odd that the 'output under payload' mode can look to the parent node while 'overwrite' can't, even though one is overwriting and one is not.  Maybe for safety?

Thank you for your help.