Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Unable to move(rename) asset in same folder in AEM

Level 4

Unable to move(rename) asset to the same folder, the move button is disabled when I select the same folder as destination. It is working when I try to move to another folder but the filename is not changing what I had given in the "Title after move" and "Name after move" fields.

Server Details

Server: AEM-6.5.1 SP-6.5.1
Oak: 1.10.2
Dispatcher: build 4.2.3/apache2.4-linux-x86-64

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @saibul 

Move functionality within same folder doesn't  allow. It is a known issue. 

You can go with below work around 

• Navigate to the path in crx
  • Copy n paste to required destination
  • Change the title by editing the node property to required one. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

There are some known issue with Move feature so can you install the latest service pack and try ? I am able to move and rename without any issues in 6.5.4

Employee

This is a known issue reported to our engineering team (CQ-4282307 | Page Move and Rename not working in Touch UI for a large set of content) via internal JIRA IDs CQ-4282943 wherein moving the page in the same folder does not work in touch UI [next button is inactive].

Engineering has fixed the issue in 6.5.4 version already. As a temporarily workaround, you can increase the size property of /libs/wcm/core/content/sites/movepagewizard/destination/field from 40 to 2000, you can try the same on a lower environment & test thoroughly.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @saibul 

Move functionality within same folder doesn't  allow. It is a known issue. 

You can go with below work around 

• Navigate to the path in crx
  • Copy n paste to required destination
  • Change the title by editing the node property to required one. 

Level 10

Hi @saibul,

The answer is to install AEM 6.5 SP 5. You can see this issue has been solved by reading the release notes here: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/release-notes/service-pack/sp-release-n...

Here is the relevant section:

When you use the Move command to rename an Experience Manager Sites page, the page title is not updated (NPR-33264).

Hope that helps