Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

unable to integrate AEM with Launch using Adobe I/O having static templates

Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to integrate AEM 6.5 with  Adobe Launch using Adobe I/O

Referring :- https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-learn/sites/integrations/adobe-launch-inte...

But i am unable to map Adobe Launch cloud service with my project as we have static templates and our project is not under conf.

Is it the case that we can only using header approach for integrating launch with static templates in AEM?

By any chance can we integrate Adobe Launch using Adobe IO while being on static templates.?

@neerajpandey24 @kautuk_sahni 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Yes, it's possible to complete:

1. From the Launch property, you've been working in, click the Environments nav element

2. Click the Install icon for the Production environment to trigger the Web Install Instructions dialog box:

berliant_0-1590586609442.png

3. Click the Copy icon to copy the embed code to the clipboard.

4. Add the Launch header code to a page template. For example, for the We.Retail site:

a. browse to /apps/weretail/components/structure

b. place the Launch embed code that you just copied to the bottom of the customheaderlibs.html file:

berliant_2-1590587017454.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Yes, it's possible to complete:

1. From the Launch property, you've been working in, click the Environments nav element

2. Click the Install icon for the Production environment to trigger the Web Install Instructions dialog box:

berliant_0-1590586609442.png

3. Click the Copy icon to copy the embed code to the clipboard.

4. Add the Launch header code to a page template. For example, for the We.Retail site:

a. browse to /apps/weretail/components/structure

b. place the Launch embed code that you just copied to the bottom of the customheaderlibs.html file:

berliant_2-1590587017454.png

Level 2
How is this answer is solution of the problem? This is still adding launch script in the header and not using adobe I/O.

Employee

When you say "unable to map Adobe Launch cloud service with my project" can you clarify what happens? From the relevant steps in the following document which one is not working as expected:

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/aem_launch_adobeio_integration.html#MapanAdobeLaunc...

Level 5

The solution suggested by @berliant  would work , only draw back is the launch script will hard coded in page component, So if you support multiple sites which uses different launch properties you will have to handle it in the code instead of config. You can try the below to ensure the config is loaded from the config

If you static page component does not use core/foundation page component and if you do not see the cloud config option, then you will have to update the page component dialog to include cloud config option 

<configuration
                    jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
                    jcr:title="Configuration"
                    sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/fieldset">
                    <items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">
                        <cqConf
                            sling:resourceType="cq/cloudconfig/components/admin/configpathbrowser"
                            emptyText="Select Configuration Path"
                            fieldLabel="Cloud Configuration">
                            <granite:data
                                cq-msm-lockable="cq:conf"/>
                        </cqConf>
                    </items>
                </configuration>

Then include the header and footer component present under /libs/cq/cloudconfig/components/scripttags into your page components head(before any clientlib) and footer(end of the page) section

Level 1
Thanks, I am able to resolve the issue now. The configuration section under advanced tab was missing from my page properties. After adding i was able to select the cloud configuration and the other issue was we were using the core component v1 for page and teh below scripts are missing in the core component page v1. so after using core page v2 it works for me.

Level 1

Thanks team the issue is resolved now.

There were two issues.

1. Configuration section under advanced tab was missing in my code.

2. We were using core/v1/page but that didn't contain the below scripts.

<sly data-sly-resource="${'cloudconfig-header' @ resourceType='cq/cloudconfig/components/scripttags/header'}"></sly>

<sly data-sly-resource="${'cloudconfig-footer' @ resourceType='cq/cloudconfig/components/scripttags/footer'}"></sly>

After adding this it works for me.