Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Unable to install AEM package using Maven

Level 2

I am using AEM 6.5 service pack 4. I am building a multi module maven project and building and installing 3 modules in AEM. I am unable to install the module using Jenkins, especially the 3rd module wherein I am facing the below errors interchangeably and occurs intermittently:

Request to http://<hostname>:<port>/crx/packmgr/service.jsp failed, response=Created

[ERROR] Missing response status information in response: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<html>
  <head>
    <title>Content modified /crx/packmgr/service.jsp</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1>Content modified /crx/packmgr/service.jsp</h1>
    <table>
      <tbody>
        <tr>
          <td>Status</td>
          <td>
            <div id="Status">200</div>
          </td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
          <td>Message</td>
          <td>
            <div id="Message">OK</div>
          </td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
          <td>Location</td>
          <td>
            <a href="/crx/packmgr/service.jsp" id="Location">/crx/packmgr/service.jsp</a>
          </td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
          <td>Parent Location</td>
          <td>
            <a href="/crx/packmgr" id="ParentLocation">/crx/packmgr</a>
          </td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
          <td>Path</td>
          <td>
            <div id="Path">/crx/packmgr/service.jsp</div>
          </td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
          <td>Referer</td>
          <td>
            <div id="Referer">about:blank</div>
          </td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
          <td>ChangeLog</td>
          <td>
            <div id="ChangeLog">&lt;pre&gt;modified(&quot;/crx/packmgr/service.jsp/file/jcr:lastModified&quot;);&lt;br/&gt;modified(&quot;/crx/packmgr/service.jsp/file/jcr:mimeType&quot;);&lt;br/&gt;modified(&quot;/crx/packmgr/service.jsp/file/jcr:data&quot;);&lt;br/&gt;modified(&quot;/crx/packmgr/service.jsp/install&quot;);&lt;br/&gt;&lt;/pre&gt;</div>
          </td>
        </tr>
      </tbody>
    </table>
    <p>
      <a href="/crx/packmgr/service.jsp">Modified Resource</a>
    </p>
    <p>
      <a href="/crx/packmgr">Parent of Modified Resource</a>
    </p>
  </body>
</html>

The version of the content-package-maven-plugin used is 0.0.24. Please let me know as to how the error can be resolved and if there is any additional information that is required.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@abn93 thank you for posting in Communities. Based on data provided it seems like you have three modules with package/content type which will get installed to AEM one after another.. but intermittently some modules are getting failed to be deployed. It could be possible that after the either first or second package gets deployed it will have its associated bundle also gets deployed... sometimes deployment of bundle restart/refreshes AEM core/system bundles so during this time crx package will also be down...so it will not take new deployment requests.. so for success cases it could be cause of either delay of other module build or core bundles got refreshed quickly so you will not see this issue.

As you said you are using AEM 6.5.4 please deploy only all package instead of 3 separate modules, use below command for deployments:

mvn -PautoInstallSinglePackage clean install

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@abn93 thank you for posting in Communities. Based on data provided it seems like you have three modules with package/content type which will get installed to AEM one after another.. but intermittently some modules are getting failed to be deployed. It could be possible that after the either first or second package gets deployed it will have its associated bundle also gets deployed... sometimes deployment of bundle restart/refreshes AEM core/system bundles so during this time crx package will also be down...so it will not take new deployment requests.. so for success cases it could be cause of either delay of other module build or core bundles got refreshed quickly so you will not see this issue.

As you said you are using AEM 6.5.4 please deploy only all package instead of 3 separate modules, use below command for deployments:

mvn -PautoInstallSinglePackage clean install

Employee Advisor

Can you check whether the 3rd module is dependent on any of the other 2 modules? If not try to deploy the 3rd Module independently and then check if the same error comes or not.

Level 2
@Surabhi_Katiyar, the 3rd module is dependent on both the other 2 modules

Community Advisor

You need to update to the version 0.5.24

Arun Patidar

Level 2
Thanks for your reply. I tried the same by changing the version of the content-package-maven-plugin to 0.5.24 across all the modules but it throws the below error:

Level 2
Thanks for your reply. I tried the same by changing the version of the content-package-maven-plugin to 0.5.24 across all the modules but it throws the below error:org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Package should not contain index definitions, because 'allowIndexDefinitions=false'.

Community Advisor

ahh ok, then you need to add if you have index definition is part of content package, index should be deplyed as part of apps package but there also you have to allow below line

<allowIndexDefinitions>true</allowIndexDefinitions>

<plugin>
				<groupId>org.apache.jackrabbit</groupId>
				<artifactId>filevault-package-maven-plugin</artifactId>
				<extensions>true</extensions>
				<configuration>
					<group>my group</group>
				<allowIndexDefinitions>true</allowIndexDefinitions>
					<embeddeds>

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

@abn93 

Can you verify the module is properly included as part root module and also verify the configuration of filter.xml in the META-INF folder of the 3rd module.