Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Unable to get supported language list

Level 1
  1. Navigate to sites in my local
  2. Select a site (en_US) We.Retail
  3. Click on "Language Copy"
  4. Next screen shows error message "ERROR: Unable to get supported language list"

The log file shows following exceptions:

06.09.2018 10:06:27.670 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1536208587602] POST /libs/cq/gui/components/projects/admin/translation HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.cq.wcm.translation.impl.servlet.TranslationSupportServlet Error while getting language List

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at com.day.text.Text.getRelativeParent(Text.java:735)

at com.adobe.cq.wcm.translation.impl.servlet.TranslationSupportServlet.doPost(TranslationSupportServlet.java:237)

at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingAllMethodsServlet.mayService(SlingAllMethodsServlet.java:149)

at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:346)

at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:378)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.request.RequestData.service(RequestData.java:552)

Happened to decompile and see whats on 735 its line for

int idx = handle.length();

dont know if handle is passed as null [ instead of string ]

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi, I have faced similar issue while creating language copy which was throwing error as [1] and it was occurring due to issue in the content structure at my end where it was not able to identify language root as the node exists as /content/Experiments/language-poc/blueprint-site/english rather then /content/Experiments/language-poc/blueprint-site/en.

Once I changed the node to "en" it started picking the root language local and the functionality seems to work fine. You can refer geometrixx and we-retail installed. Please check below link to get more insights into it which mentions "To create the language root you create a page and use an ISO language code as the value for the Name property."

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/6-4/sites/administering/using/tc-prep.html

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Sumeet Chawla

[1]:

07.06.2019 18:12:12.915 *ERROR* [103.43.112.97 [1559931132910] POST /libs/cq/gui/components/projects/admin/translation HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.cq.wcm.translation.impl.servlet.TranslationSupportServlet Error while getting language List

at com.day.text.Text.getRelativeParent(Text.java:741)

at com.adobe.cq.wcm.translation.impl.servlet.TranslationSupportServlet.doPost(TranslationSupportServlet.java:670)

at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingAllMethodsServlet.mayService(SlingAllMethodsServlet.java:146)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi, I have faced similar issue while creating language copy which was throwing error as [1] and it was occurring due to issue in the content structure at my end where it was not able to identify language root as the node exists as /content/Experiments/language-poc/blueprint-site/english rather then /content/Experiments/language-poc/blueprint-site/en.

Once I changed the node to "en" it started picking the root language local and the functionality seems to work fine. You can refer geometrixx and we-retail installed. Please check below link to get more insights into it which mentions "To create the language root you create a page and use an ISO language code as the value for the Name property."

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/6-4/sites/administering/using/tc-prep.html

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Sumeet Chawla

[1]:

07.06.2019 18:12:12.915 *ERROR* [103.43.112.97 [1559931132910] POST /libs/cq/gui/components/projects/admin/translation HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.cq.wcm.translation.impl.servlet.TranslationSupportServlet Error while getting language List

at com.day.text.Text.getRelativeParent(Text.java:741)

at com.adobe.cq.wcm.translation.impl.servlet.TranslationSupportServlet.doPost(TranslationSupportServlet.java:670)

at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingAllMethodsServlet.mayService(SlingAllMethodsServlet.java:146)