Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Unable to edit page or drag/drop component after creating overlay.

nirajd
Level 1
Level 1

AEM version :6.5.4

Overview : The issue is occurring for the campaign pages. 

ex. Language node (en)

resource type : cq/personalization/components/ambitpage

resourcesupertype(ambitpage) :foundation/components/page

resourcesupertype(page):wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage

Issue : Unable to edit page or drag/drop component after creating overlay.

Steps performed:

1. Create an overlay for below nodes under apps folder.

wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage/tabs/basic/items/column/items/title/items/pagename

wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage/tabs/basic/items/column/items/title/items/title

2. Add tooltip for pagename and title.

Add fieldDescription for the pagename and title nodes.

1 Accepted Solution
Arun_Patidar
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

I also face the same issue, to get around this problem -

1. Created a dialog tab(Basic) with supertype which wanted to be overlay.

2. included tab created in step1 in page dialog e.g.

<basic
                        jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
                        sling:orderBefore="advanced"
                        sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/include"
                        path="/mnt/overlay/myproj/components/dl-includes/page/tabs/basic"/>

I meant you have to create a dialog for your page type that is cq/personalization/components/ambitpage

1. Create a component cq/personalization/components/ambitpage as supertype of wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage

2. Create a basic node of supertype of basic tab e.g.  sling:resourceSuperType="wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage/tabs/basic/items

3. Create a dialog only with basic tab at cq/personalization/components/ambitpage

4. In basic tab use granite include to include path from step2 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Theo_Pendle
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Hi @nirajd,

I've actually also noticed this problem. Any overlay of anything under wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage or override of the basicpage component causes the editor to break. I suspect it's not just us, because if you look at the way the AEM Core Component Page is built, they've used granite:include nodes in the cq:dialog to get around this issue while customizing the page properties: https://github.com/adobe/aem-core-wcm-components/blob/master/content/src/content/jcr_root/apps/core/... 

Unfortunately I never could explain it and it was never a blocking problem for me so I have no good answer for you, just morel support 😅

Theo_Pendle
Community Advisor
Community Advisor
Although my answer would be to copy what they have done! Even if it's a pain in the a**
nirajd
Level 1
Level 1
Thanks for your input! Even to copy what they have done, I will have to create overlay. I already tried, and I see the same result. Is there any other work around? In my case the campaign pages have already been created with OOTB template. Do I need to recreate pages?
Arun_Patidar
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

I also face the same issue, to get around this problem -

1. Created a dialog tab(Basic) with supertype which wanted to be overlay.

2. included tab created in step1 in page dialog e.g.

<basic
                        jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
                        sling:orderBefore="advanced"
                        sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/include"
                        path="/mnt/overlay/myproj/components/dl-includes/page/tabs/basic"/>

I meant you have to create a dialog for your page type that is cq/personalization/components/ambitpage

1. Create a component cq/personalization/components/ambitpage as supertype of wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage

2. Create a basic node of supertype of basic tab e.g.  sling:resourceSuperType="wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage/tabs/basic/items

3. Create a dialog only with basic tab at cq/personalization/components/ambitpage

View solution in original post

nirajd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Arun_Patidar,

Thanks for the suggestion!

In my case the campaign pages have already been created with OOTB template ex. cq:template (/libs/mcm/templates/brand) resourceType cq/personalization/components/ambitpage

As per your solution,

Step1 : Create basepage node basepage resourceSuperType : wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage

Step 2: path : project/components/structure/basepage/tabs/basic sling:resourceType : granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/include

Step 3: Create pages based on template with resourceType basepage from step1.

As the pages have already been created with OOTB template, it looks like the overlay of the wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage/tabs/basic/items/column/items/title/items/pagename is the only option in order to add tooltip.

Let me know, if you share different thoughts!

Arun_Patidar
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

2. Create a basic node of supertype of basic tab e.g.  sling:resourceSuperType="wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage/tabs/basic/items