Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Unable to edit page or drag/drop component after creating overlay.

Level 1

AEM version :6.5.4

Overview : The issue is occurring for the campaign pages. 

ex. Language node (en)

resource type : cq/personalization/components/ambitpage

resourcesupertype(ambitpage) :foundation/components/page

resourcesupertype(page):wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage

Issue : Unable to edit page or drag/drop component after creating overlay.

Steps performed:

1. Create an overlay for below nodes under apps folder.

wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage/tabs/basic/items/column/items/title/items/pagename

wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage/tabs/basic/items/column/items/title/items/title

2. Add tooltip for pagename and title.

Add fieldDescription for the pagename and title nodes.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I also face the same issue, to get around this problem -

1. Created a dialog tab(Basic) with supertype which wanted to be overlay.

2. included tab created in step1 in page dialog e.g.

<basic
                        jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
                        sling:orderBefore="advanced"
                        sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/include"
                        path="/mnt/overlay/myproj/components/dl-includes/page/tabs/basic"/>

I meant you have to create a dialog for your page type that is cq/personalization/components/ambitpage

1. Create a component cq/personalization/components/ambitpage as supertype of wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage

2. Create a basic node of supertype of basic tab e.g.  sling:resourceSuperType="wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage/tabs/basic/items

3. Create a dialog only with basic tab at cq/personalization/components/ambitpage

4. In basic tab use granite include to include path from step2 

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi @nirajd,

I've actually also noticed this problem. Any overlay of anything under wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage or override of the basicpage component causes the editor to break. I suspect it's not just us, because if you look at the way the AEM Core Component Page is built, they've used granite:include nodes in the cq:dialog to get around this issue while customizing the page properties: https://github.com/adobe/aem-core-wcm-components/blob/master/content/src/content/jcr_root/apps/core/... 

Unfortunately I never could explain it and it was never a blocking problem for me so I have no good answer for you, just morel support

Level 10
Although my answer would be to copy what they have done! Even if it's a pain in the a**

Level 1
Thanks for your input! Even to copy what they have done, I will have to create overlay. I already tried, and I see the same result. Is there any other work around? In my case the campaign pages have already been created with OOTB template. Do I need to recreate pages?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I also face the same issue, to get around this problem -

1. Created a dialog tab(Basic) with supertype which wanted to be overlay.

2. included tab created in step1 in page dialog e.g.

<basic
                        jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
                        sling:orderBefore="advanced"
                        sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/include"
                        path="/mnt/overlay/myproj/components/dl-includes/page/tabs/basic"/>

I meant you have to create a dialog for your page type that is cq/personalization/components/ambitpage

1. Create a component cq/personalization/components/ambitpage as supertype of wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage

2. Create a basic node of supertype of basic tab e.g.  sling:resourceSuperType="wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage/tabs/basic/items

3. Create a dialog only with basic tab at cq/personalization/components/ambitpage

Arun Patidar

Level 1

Hi @arunpatidar,

Thanks for the suggestion!

In my case the campaign pages have already been created with OOTB template ex. cq:template (/libs/mcm/templates/brand) resourceType cq/personalization/components/ambitpage

As per your solution,

Step1 : Create basepage node basepage resourceSuperType : wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage

Step 2: path : project/components/structure/basepage/tabs/basic sling:resourceType : granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/include

Step 3: Create pages based on template with resourceType basepage from step1.

As the pages have already been created with OOTB template, it looks like the overlay of the wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage/tabs/basic/items/column/items/title/items/pagename is the only option in order to add tooltip.

Let me know, if you share different thoughts!

Community Advisor

2. Create a basic node of supertype of basic tab e.g.  sling:resourceSuperType="wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage/tabs/basic/items

Arun Patidar