Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Unable to create node with type cq:ChildEditorConfig

Level 3

Hi,

I am trying to create multiple in-place editors for rich text in touch(granite) ui, but unable to create node of type cq:ChildEditorConfig. I don't see this value in the Type dropdown. 

I am referring to this adobe document https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/develop/components/multiple-inplace-editors.html#Configuring Multiple Editors for the same.

I also tried to install the component package(attached in the bottom of the above document), package installation is complete with errors.

16.12.2015 17:31:34.141 *ERROR* [qtp6442632-309] org.apache.jackrabbit.vault.fs.impl.io.DocViewSAXImporter Error during processing of /apps/foundation/components/imageimagetext/cq:editConfig/cq:inplaceEditing/cq:childEditors/image1: javax.jcr.nodetype.NoSuchNodeTypeException: Node type cq:ChildEditorConfig does not exist

Any inputs on resolving this issue are highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth Pogula.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello,

Have you checked whether you have the Touch UI Update Pack installed - as specified:

This pack is required if you are using the touch-optimized UI and the documentation reflects this.

Hope this helps, just let us know if you have any more issues.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

To successfully install the package - as shown here: 

Extract the zip and then use MVN to build the package - i used mvn install clean. Then use package manager to install the ZIP in the target folder. 

Once installed - you can view the package content: 

Level 3

Thanks for the response.

But in the second screenshot, there is an error while saving the nodes "text1" and "text2". The exception is javax.jcr.nodetype.NoSuchNodeTypeException: Node type cq:ChildEditorConfig does not exist

Also when i try to create a node of type cq:ChildEditorConfig, i do not see that type.(find the screenshot attached).

Request your help on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth Pogula.

Level 10

That node seems not to exist - I agree with your observation. I will log a doc bug against this AEM Doc topic that suggests that it exists.

You can still install the package and then you can use the component in geometrixx to see how it works. See: 

Test it on this page for example (use in Edit mode):

http://localhost:4502/editor.html/content/geometrixx/en/events/userconf.html

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello,

Have you checked whether you have the Touch UI Update Pack installed - as specified:

This pack is required if you are using the touch-optimized UI and the documentation reflects this.

Hope this helps, just let us know if you have any more issues.