Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Unable to add Extended Component to Experience Fragment.

Level 1

Hi, 

I have created a extended component in Angular that inherits from the text component referring this article. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/getting-started-with-aem-headless/s...

But the issue is I am able to add this component in AEM Pages but not in Experience Fragement. Experience Fragments is showing it only as the text component, the html that I have added from angular is not showing up. 

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @himanshushishodia 

It should work on XF as well as it's working perfectly fine on the AEM Page. Do you see any error in the log while rendering the content on XF?

Also I believe there is only one instance of component and correct instance is referred in the XF?

Thanks!

Level 1

Hi @Asutosh_Jena_ 

I am new to AEM hence does not know that there are logging for all the actions, Now I have skimmed through the logs and found this error in the logs

21.08.2021 00:41:12.522 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1629486672471] GET /content/experience-fragments/wknd-spa-angular/us/en/site/footer/master.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.get.impl.DefaultGetServlet No renderer for extension html, cannot render resource JcrNodeResource, type=wknd-spa-angular/components/custom-component, superType=null, path=/content/experience-fragments/wknd-spa-angular/us/en/site/footer/master/jcr:content/root/custom_component_1130043739

The issue is that it is a custom component hence there is no superResourceType, but even if I set the superResourceType to some value (that is make this an extended component) the problem is that then it will render only the superResource and not my angular html. This happens only for an XF and not for the page. 

Thanks, 

let me know if you need any additional information on this. 

Hi @Kishore_Kumar_ 

I have gone through the post you shared before posting this question. This does not solved my problem also this post is about using an Experience Fragment in the SPA. While I am facing problem while adding an extended component designed using angular in Experience Fragment. 

Thanks!!

Himanshu