Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Unable to add Building Blocks to Custom Template in Experience Fragments.

Level 2

I have created a Experience Fragment Template, varients and all working fine except Building Blocks, unable to add Building Blocks  created to the cutom Template. Please help in this regard.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Can you check if the building block component is allowed from a custom template?

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Community Advisor

Please check the custom template structure and properties similar to we retail experience fragment template

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Can you check if the building block component is allowed from a custom template?

Arun Patidar

Level 2
Yes, checked in custom Template also. It's added in Policy.

Level 2

Not sure why the answer is marked as correct,@arunpatidar.  Has this fixed the problem?

In our case, of course the component is allowed on a template, it just doesn't appear as available in the list of components on experience fragment variation editor and you can't drag and drop a Building Block into the variation container.

Community Advisor

Hi, Are you not able to drag and drop building blocks for side trails?

Screenshot 2021-10-21 at 09.19.43.png

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hi Arun,

exactly. And also I am not able to select it via "+" button, as this component is not displayed in the list of available components, although it is added to the template structure as one of the allowed components.

alexshel_0-1634802617029.png

Error log on Author has following records, but those records are unlikely a result of any user action:

21.10.2021 16:18:38.774 *DEBUG* [ip-address 1634793518773] GET /libs/cq/experience-fragments/editor/clientlibs/buildingblocks.min.js HTTP/1.1] com.onepath.core.filters.LoggingFilter request for /libs/cq/experience-fragments/editor/clientlibs/buildingblocks, with selector min
21.10.2021 16:18:38.824 *DEBUG* [ip-address [1634793518823] GET /libs/cq/experience-fragments/components/admin/editor/buildingblocks/clientlib.min.js HTTP/1.1] com.onepath.core.filters.LoggingFilter request for /libs/cq/experience-fragments/components/admin/editor/buildingblocks/clientlib, with selector min

21.10.2021 16:18:40.176 *DEBUG* [ip-address [1634793520175] GET /libs/cq/experience-fragments/content/buildingblock.view HTTP/1.1] com.onepath.core.filters.LoggingFilter request for /libs/cq/experience-fragments/content/buildingblock, with selector null

Level 2

What do you mean by "directly use" ? The component exists in AEM for usage within Experience fragments. The issue is "Unable to add Building Blocks".. to experience fragment.

Community Advisor

Hi,

Bluiding Block is a container component i.e. supertype Layout Container

/libs/cq/experience-fragments/editor/components/buildingblock

Building Block component does not have dialog to configure this component. 

I am not sure why you need to drag and drop building block component, instead you can create your own component with pasys.

BTW, the component is blocked to show in the component list if component name starts with buildingblock, you can try to create a copy of this component and rename it and try to use if it add any values.

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Why do I need to drag and drop? Because it is a basic functionality.

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kt/sites/using/building-blocks-experience-fragment-featur...

watch from 4:22

In my case the component is "enabled" on the Experience Fragment template, but I can't drag and drop or see the component in the list. (though I can see "Layout Container" and all other enabled components)

Community Advisor

Hi,

This is possible, that I already suggested that you can use exsting building blocks, that was mentioned in the video, there is no way to add a component directly though you can add existing converted building blocks

Arun_Patidar_0-1635768340321.png

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hi Arun,

I've converted a piece of Ex.Fr. into a building block, but I can't drag it to the container. Placeholder doesn't get highlighted with blue frame - it doesn't recognise that I am dragging a building block.

alexshel_0-1635768714122.png

Level 2

The component is enabled. See screenshot in my comment of 21/10/2021 https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/unable-to-add-building-blo...

Same story as with Saiteja120, ‎30-12-2019 01:32 PST saying "Yes, checked in custom Template also. It's added in Policy."

Community Advisor

Could you please try with we-retail examples? could be the setup is not correct for your custom template?

Arun Patidar