Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

I need to customise Hyperlink plugin or I need to customise rich text editor so that I need a button like mailto

Level 2

I need to add a new button in rich text editor and on its click link dialog should come with a textbox and on entering the text in textbox it should be able to append with mailto, how can i do this ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @swathialeti 

With the existing OOTB RTE functionality, you should be able to add the href with "mailto:" functionality.

Just open the editor and configure the mail address along with "mailto:". This should enable the mail to functionality and no need for any RTE customization.

Asutosh_Jena__0-1635855042317.png

It will show something like below:

Asutosh_Jena__1-1635855072251.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @swathialeti 

With the existing OOTB RTE functionality, you should be able to add the href with "mailto:" functionality.

Just open the editor and configure the mail address along with "mailto:". This should enable the mail to functionality and no need for any RTE customization.

Asutosh_Jena__0-1635855042317.png

It will show something like below:

Asutosh_Jena__1-1635855072251.png