Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to activate/publish and rollot pages after installing the Service pack 6.5.16.0

Level 2

We have upgraded from 6.5.13 to 6.5.16 and after that page activation/publish and rollout page is not working. Does anyone had this issue and fixed it already? Please help.

Error in the log:

POST /libs/wcm/core/content/reference.json HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught Throwable
javax.servlet.ServletException: org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.query.RuntimeNodeTraversalException: The query read or traversed more than 100000 nodes. To avoid affecting other tasks, processing was stopped.

Edit: I added the below properties as suggested but still not works.

cnivaskallepalli_0-1688136039226.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @cnivaskallepalli  - 

This error is a generic NullPointerException that occurred during the processing of an asynchronous command. It originates from the AsyncOperationServlet in the com.adobe.granite.jobs.async bundle.

The cause of this error needs to be further investigated, as the provided stack trace doesn't provide specific details about the source of the null pointer exception.

You need to Analyze the surrounding logs and the code in the AsyncOperationServlet class to identify the root cause.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

@cnivaskallepalli 

Have you tried re-indexing after adding the properties to the index definition? Change the value of the "reindex" property to "true" and save. This should trigger the re-indexing.

Sudheer_Sundalam1_0-1688139333879.png

Hope this helps!

@Sudheer_Sundalam Thanks for your reply, actually reindex is not required but I did that too, still not working.

Community Advisor

@cnivaskallepalli ,

I was just going through AEM SP 17 release notes and found this:

Sudheer_Sundalam1_0-1688145304922.png

It seems this issue has been fixed in Service Package 17. Please go through the Service Package release notes here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/release-notes/release-notes.html?lang=... and check if this applies in your case as well.

Thanks,

Sudheer.

@Sudheer_Sundalam I tried that, rollout works fine but the page activation is still not working. Actually Page activation is main problem here as for rollout there is a workaround.

Community Advisor

Have you tried checking if uninstalling the service package is actually solving the issue?

I just want to rule the possibility of the fact that this is not related to some unknown factors with the implementation.

As for there are no such issues mentioned in the release notes for the service package 6.5.16 https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/release-notes/service-pack/6.5.16.html... 

Additionally, i tried installing this service package in my AEM local instance and I am able to activate pages without any issues.

Level 2

Hi @Tanika02 Removing/uninstalling the service pack is not an option, but I have restarted my instance and then I see the activation is good. Still, there is a problem, I see the below errors in my log, do you have any idea about them?

01.07.2023 10:45:18.783 *ERROR* [10.1.241.173 [1688201118775] GET /editor.html/content/<mysite>/master/bg/<somepage>/undefined.infinity.json HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.get.impl.DefaultGetServlet No renderer for extension html, cannot render resource JcrNodeResource, type=fd/af/authoring/editors/rendercondition/template-v2, superType=null, path=/libs/cq/gui/content/editor/formtemplate-v2/granite:rendercondition
01.07.2023 10:45:18.788 *ERROR* [10.1.241.173 [1688201118775] GET /editor.html/content/<mysite>/master/bg/<somepage>/undefined.infinity.json HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.get.impl.DefaultGetServlet No renderer for extension html, cannot render resource JcrNodeResource, type=fd/af/authoring/editors/rendercondition/form-v2, superType=null, path=/libs/cq/gui/content/editor/form-v2/granite:rendercondition
01.07.2023 10:45:25.231 *ERROR* [10.1.241.173 [1688201125227] GET /bin/asynccommand.infinity.json HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught Throwable
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at com.adobe.granite.jobs.async.impl.servlets.AsyncOperationServlet.doGet(AsyncOperationServlet.java:244) [com.adobe.granite.jobs.async:1.0.34]
	at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.mayService(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:266) [org.apache.sling.api:2.22.0.B002]

Thanks in advance. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This error is a generic NullPointerException that occurred during the processing of an asynchronous command. It originates from the AsyncOperationServlet in the com.adobe.granite.jobs.async bundle.

The cause of this error needs to be further investigated, as the provided stack trace doesn't provide specific details about the source of the null pointer exception.

You need to Analyze the surrounding logs and the code in the AsyncOperationServlet class to identify the root cause.

Community Advisor

@cnivaskallepalli 

Query:

Can you please capture the query that is executing?

Index:

1. Please go to "Explain Query" tool and check if an Index is being picked up by the query.

2. Do you have any customizations to the relevant index?

3. Can you please verify, if the query is using any property that is missing in the index? If yes, please try adding it and reindex.

Aanchal Sikka