Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Unable to access workItem in OR split of ECMA script

Former Community Member

Hi,

I just want to set rule to OR split branch. I tried accessing work Item in my script,but I am getting Reference Error for WorkItem.

For my requirement I just want to take a decision based on previous participant step comments. I used below code to get history from work Item.

var history = workflowSession.getHistory(workItem.getWorkflow());

Is it correct way to achieve this?.    

Error: Caused by: org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError: ReferenceError: "workItem" is not defined.

Please guide me how to proceed with this

Thanks!

Kirithi

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

What version of AEM you are working on ? From 5.6.1, the variable for workItem is called as "graniteWorkItem". Check the following section "Implementing a Process Step with an ECMA Script" in the documentation link [1]. 

[1] https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/workflows/wf-extending.html

Former Community Member

Hi,

I am using CQ-6.0.0.I am facing same error for graniteWorkItem. I am using below code in ECMA script for testing

var workflowData = graniteWorkItem.getWorkflowData(); log.info("workflowData:::"+workflowData); Failure running script /etc/workflow/scripts/validateMetaData.ecma: ReferenceError: "graniteWorkItem" is not defined.           (/etc/workflow/scripts/validateMetaData.ecma#1)

Thanks!

Kirithi

Level 3

OR Step only has these vars defined workflowData, jcrSession, workflowSession So you need to do things along this way...

function check(/*workflowData, jcrSession, workflowSession*/) {

//     var path = workflowData.getPayload().toString();
//     var node = workflowSession.getSession().getItem(path);
//     return !(node.hasProperty("status") && node.getProperty("jcr:content/acPublishState").getString().equals("prepared"));

}

http://blogs.adobe.com/dmcmahon/2013/03/26/cq5-failure-running-script-etcworkflowscriptscaworkitem-e...