Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Unable to access the value from OSGI configuration

Level 2

Hi, I wanted to have an OSGi configuration with one field (type=String) to provide the folder path. So, I have written 2 classes for that - Interface and Implementation class file. Below is the code for your references.
Interface file:-

package devry.edu.core.services;
public interface OSGIConfigMisspelling {
public String getFolderPath();
}

Implementation file:-

package devry.edu.core.services.impl;
import devry.edu.core.services.OSGIConfigMisspelling;
import org.osgi.service.component.annotations.Activate;
import org.osgi.service.component.annotations.Component;
import org.osgi.service.metatype.annotations.*;

@Component(service = OSGIConfigMisspellingImpl.class,immediate = true)
@Designate(ocd = OSGIConfigMisspellingImpl.ServiceConfig.class )
public class OSGIConfigMisspellingImpl implements OSGIConfigMisspelling {

@ObjectClassDefinition(name="DidYouMean Servlet Content Fragment Folder - OSGi Configuration",
description = "OSGi Configuration for CF Folder")
public @interface ServiceConfig {

@AttributeDefinition(
name = "Folder Path",
description = "Enter folder path",
type = AttributeType.STRING)
public String folderPath() default "/content/dam/devry/misspelled-words";
}
private String folderPath;

@Activate
protected void activate(ServiceConfig serviceConfig){
folderPath=serviceConfig.folderPath();

}

@Override
public String getFolderPath() {
return folderPath;
}

}

I am getting this configurations tab in the Felix console with the provided name after building the project. But, from here on - "I want to use this attribute value coming from the config field in a path based servlet so how can I use that", can anyone please help?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@vikas101 Probably you will need to create an object of the class on the servlet using @reference and call the respective get method to get the value.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@vikas101 Probably you will need to create an object of the class on the servlet using @reference and call the respective get method to get the value.

Level 2

@Manu_Mathew_ Yes, it's working using "Reference" annotation. The issue was also with the Impl class as in '@Component(service=.....)', I have provided the implementation class but it should be the interface. Thanks!

Community Advisor

Use the annotation @reference to refer the configuration OSGi class and call the getter method available in the OSGi to get the folder path property 

Level 2

Hi @Mani_kumar_ It worked using "Reference" annotation. Also, I had another issue with the Impl class as in '@Component(service=.....)', I have provided the implementation class but it should be the interface. Anyway Thanks a lot!

Community Advisor

Make @Reference of OSGI class in your servlet and call respective method. Refer

https://gist.github.com/nateyolles/d0a547d814376e66f7aa