Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

ui.apps.structure got installed via jenkins and corrupted AEM

Community Advisor

Hi All,

We have created a project with maven archetype-26 which created a module ui.apps.structure.

The Jenkins server ran the "mvn clean install" command, picked up the ui.apps.structure package from the target folder and installed it in AEM. 

The filter.xml of ui.apps.structure has <fillter root="/apps"> which overrode all the apps folders and AEM is now down.

I know this issue wouldn't be happening if the profile is "mvn clean install -PautoInstallPackage" where maven will install the packages into the server itself.

Do we have anywhere written that the ui.apps.structure should not be installed? Do we have any guidelines with respect to the new archetypes? Please suggest.

@kautuk_sahni 

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Going through https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/getting-started-wknd-tutorial-devel... 
The ui.apps.structure does not seem to have any filter.xml only pom.xml (same for my project local set up) The examples do seem to have additional roots

<!-- /apps root -->
                        <filter><root>/apps</root></filter>

<!-- Common overlay roots -->
                        <filter><root>/apps/sling</root></filter>
                        <filter><root>/apps/cq</root></filter>
                        <filter><root>/apps/dam</root></filter>
                        <filter><root>/apps/wcm</root></filter>
                        <filter><root>/apps/msm</root></filter>

<!-- Immutable context-aware configurations -->
                        <filter><root>/apps/settings</root></filter>

This would still have not saved your /apps/myproject 

The filter.xml under /apps needs project specific filters it seems. Couldn't find specific documentation, but the wknd project referred in archetype documentation,     seems to show that in the /apps filter.xml project specific filters should be there.

<!-- For eg -->
<filter root="/apps/myproject">

</filter>

Additionally previous archetype set up of your project would have suggested same? 

Good point to bring up though to avoid further such issues.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

We need to specify the paths available in your project in filter.xml instead of adding just /apps which will remove core components and other code which comes with acs-commons etc. Try to uninstall the package by going through crx/de which might get the folders back and update the filter.xml to add only specific paths available in your code.

Community Advisor

Hi @Ravi_Pampana

Thanks for your response. But, I am afraid that this is not the solution for the issue that I have mentioned.

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Community Advisor

Hi 

This is wrong filter <fillter root="/apps">

can you check the POM file? site structure does not require any content

check for e.g. https://github.com/arunpatidar02/aemaacs-aemlab/blob/master/ui.apps.structure/pom.xml

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

Hi @arunpatidar,

Even your pom has the same filter.

KiranVedantam1992_0-1627308753444.png

The issue here is, with mvn clean install all the packages are built and installed in Jenkins repo, and from Jenkins server, the packages are being picked up and installed in QA or DEV via CURL commands. I want to know if any documentation says we should not install the ui.apps.structure.

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Going through https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/getting-started-wknd-tutorial-devel... 
The ui.apps.structure does not seem to have any filter.xml only pom.xml (same for my project local set up) The examples do seem to have additional roots

<!-- /apps root -->
                        <filter><root>/apps</root></filter>

<!-- Common overlay roots -->
                        <filter><root>/apps/sling</root></filter>
                        <filter><root>/apps/cq</root></filter>
                        <filter><root>/apps/dam</root></filter>
                        <filter><root>/apps/wcm</root></filter>
                        <filter><root>/apps/msm</root></filter>

<!-- Immutable context-aware configurations -->
                        <filter><root>/apps/settings</root></filter>

This would still have not saved your /apps/myproject 

The filter.xml under /apps needs project specific filters it seems. Couldn't find specific documentation, but the wknd project referred in archetype documentation,     seems to show that in the /apps filter.xml project specific filters should be there.

<!-- For eg -->
<filter root="/apps/myproject">

</filter>

Additionally previous archetype set up of your project would have suggested same? 

Good point to bring up though to avoid further such issues.